"Well," Brooke said eyeing the empty table.  "Looks like you are doing pretty well."

            "Hey!" Luke frowned.  "It is hard okay?"

            Brooke giggled.  "Just kidding."

            Luke smiled.  Talking to this girl was really easy.

            "So you are hiding in the library until free period is over?"

            Luke nodded.  "I am not good at making friends," he began.

            Brooke pointed to herself.  "I will be your friend."

            "Really?" Luke asked, completely baffled.

            Brooke smiled.  "Sure!  I know what it is like to be the new kid in school.  I can be your friend!"

            Luke grinned.  That was easy!  Then he frowned.  It was too easy.  His body began to tense up.  Was she a Pawn who knew who he was?  He clutched the Triblade, which was hidden underneath his clothes.  He looked closely at her eyes.

            Brooke looked at him confused.  "What is wrong Luke?  You look tense." Then she reached for something in her pocket.

            Luke jumped up, prepared for an attack.

            Brooke tilted her head as she pulled out a bookmarker from her pocket.  "Are you okay Luke?  Maybe you should go to the nurse."

            Luke looked at her eyes.  He felt a sigh of relief.  They were blue.  He sat back down.  He noticed that Brooke was actually quite beautiful.  She had amazing blonde hair.  Luke didn't even know he liked blonde hair until that moment.

            Brooke adjusted her glasses.  "So do you like books?"

            Luke shrugged.  "I guess I do.  I don't read as much as I should though."

            "I love books.  I come here every chance I get."

            "Why don't you go to the other library?" Luke asked.  "That one is bigger."

            "No way.  This one is much better." Brooke beamed.  "There are really cool and old books here.  Some of these books are from over 50 years ago."

            Luke turned over the cover of his book and looked at the date.

            "This one was written 20 years ago." Luke said amazed.  He was actually more interested than ever now.

            "So what are you doing with all of those books?" Brooke asked curiously.

            Luke shrugged.  "I am just doing a little research," he began.  "It is something personal."  Then he looked at her.  "What about you?"

            Brooke smiled.  "Just a little research."  Then she looked him right in the eyes.  "It is something personal."

            Luke looked at the book she was holding, The Great Mysteries of the Deep.  He chuckled to himself.  He remembered a few years ago that scientists were going crazy over finding the lost city of Atlantis. 

            "Was your dad on of the researchers trying to find Atlantis?" he asked.

            Brooke nodded and smiled.  "Yeah.  I have always been interested in Atlantis ever since I was little.  I heard stories ever since I was little."