Chapter 27: Overnight Trending

Start from the beginning

Yveo walk towards her and gives her a soft kiss on her lips. "How was work?"

Gabrielle looked at him lovingly before fixing his tie and answered him with a sweet smile. "Almost settled, thank you."

Meanwhile, their visitors looked at them, surprised. Who wouldn't? This is the first time that they had witnessed the two act as a sweet married couple.

Mrs. Leviarez almost couldn't believe what she saw. Hindi ba't takot si Gabrielle sa asawa niya at lagi itong dumidistansya? Anong nangyari?

At the same time, Bridgette's face turned ugly when she saw the couple. Kailan pa naging close ang dalawa? She tried to act normal and force herself to smile then looked at Gabrielle.

"It's perfect that you are here Gabby, I cooked something. Come and join us for dinner."

Gabrielle glance at the woman and raised an eyebrow. Bridgette is like inviting her as if siya ang hostess ng bahay at si Gabrielle ang bisita.

"You don't have to do that next time Bridgette. After all you are a visitor, baka sabihin ng iba na hindi kami magaling tumanggap ng bisita ng asawa ko." Sagot niya ng nakangiti.

Bridgette frowned. What's happening? Why is this woman acting so different? The woman she knew before would never talk back, even if she does, this Gabrielle would always stammer when talking.

Bakit ibang iba ang babaeng kaharap niya ngayun kaysa sa babaeng naalala niya?

For some reason, Bridgette started feeling anxious. Before, she was confident to replace Gabrielle from her position but now, that confidence started to shake as she watched how the woman acted, talked or moved.

Ngumiti lang din siya ng sapilitan bago tumingin kay Yvette.

"Ano ba ang pinagsasabi mo Ate Gabby? Ate Bridgette is also part of the family. Right Mom?" Yvette asked.

And of course, kakampihan sila ni Mrs. Leviarez. "Oo naman hija."

Gabrielle only giggled and turn to her husband. "Darling, hindi ko alam na may isang kapatid ka pa pala na babae."

Upon hearing that, Yveo furrowed his eyebrows and looked at his family ignoring Bridgette's presence. "I think you all have seen Gray enough and the DNA report."

Gabrielle's lips curve upwards, gusto niya tuloy palakpakan ang asawa niya. Her husband sure knows how to annoy people without being obvious.

Yveo is basically telling them that now that they have seen Gray and the DNA result, they should already leave.

The Old Madam smiled. "Look at you son, why so serious? We women love to tease each other. Besides, we just came back from abroad, we also haven't seen you for months. So, can we be all just cordial and spend more time together like a family?"

Pinigilan lang ni Gabrielle ang sarili na mapairap sa narinig. Women love to tease each other? Nonsense!

Yveo did not answer but his face remained expressionless while staring at his mother. The old madam's smile slowly faded as she looked at her son who's trying to drive them out of their house.

Mr. Leviarez just cleared his throat and before butting in. "Son, let us just leave after dinner."

Mrs. Leviarez immediately put her hands together. "Right Yveo. Bridgette also brought some food that she cooked by herself. Let's give her some face shall we?"

Bridgette proudly raised her head while smiling but Yveo's next words shattered her confidence.

"Enjoy then." He plainly answered before turning to Gabrielle and kissed her on the forehead.