Twenty-one| Jessica

Kinda rushed but I still hope you enjoy 

They finally made it to La, the sun was bright, and max stood haunched in front of the car emptying his stomach.  "I'm going to barf!" Red exclaimed her cheeks puffed as she jumped out of the car releasing the contents from their breakfast earlier this morning besides max. 

Shorter walked over to her holding back her auburn hair "what's max's problem?" He wondered aloud Y/n shrugged turning her head away from the two people puking into a random person's yard. 

Ash chuckled "you better hope the homeowner isn't home" he snickered making eiji call his name sheepishly but gave him a scolding look. 

"Papa!" A little boy yelled running across the yard a big smile plastered on his face, his brown hair bouncing with his quick movements. "Eh?" Eiji tilted his head in confusion expressing everyone's thoughts

"Michael!" Max cooed happily running towards him as he wiped his mouth with the back of his sleeve, "gross" y/n commented making ash chuckle. Shorter watched the exchange while rubbing circles on reds back as she finished vomiting. 

A gun shot rang through the air making everyone jump, "Don't come near him" she growled pointing her gun at max her gave her a nervous look "Jessica-" she clicked the hammer of her firearm her glare making him cower 

"You're about to loose in court so you came here to kidnap him!?" She yelled angrily. Red stood up thanking shorter with a small smile. Ibe stood forward "Jessica long time no see?" he muttered awkwardly 

Everyone cleaned up, others rinsing their mouths but now they all sat at the table. Hot dogs and fries adorning everyone's plate. The tension was thick as Jessica walked around hurling insults in max's direction whenever she had the chance. 

Michael sighed sitting between ash and y/n with a crestfallen look, Jessica and max started arguing about buttholes and red came over cupping her hands over he kid's ears. 

"There is a child present you two, the both of you need to grow up!" She scolded turning his head away from his parents who both continued to ignore red. Michael sighed standing up "im heading to bed" he murmured walking over to max

Y/n watched him with a frown as he walked to his room head hung low "you guys are horrible" she muttered standing from her chair, "I'll wait in the car." 

Y/n walked out of the house hands in her pockets stifling a yawn as she avoided the vomit patch by the car. Hopping in she curled herself into the backseat closing her eyes 

"I just need to sleep off this bullet wound" she complained to herself reaching up with the back of her hand only to be met with clammy skin. Letting her hand fall she let it drape across her side  the soft sound of birds chirping and trees rustling urged y/n to succumb to her sleep. 

•••

"And we're here!" Max exclaimed only to receive a hit to the head "shut up you're going to wake her" red's voice scolded filling the car. Y/n shifted her eyes fluttering open. "Huh?" She murmured her eyes still full of sleep and her voice scratchy. 

"Well now you've done it old man" Ash replied from the front seat.  Y/n sat up looking around "when did we get here?" She asked pointing to the gates of the mansion

Shorter smiled "well you were knocked out cold, eiji here thought you were dead" he joked sticking his thumb in the direction eiji was in making him blush in embarrassment. 

Before eiji could protest screams were heard from inside the mansion making the others tense up, Ash grabbed his gun looking over to shorter who nodded. 

He pushed the gate his eyebrow raising in surprise, they filled into the garden looking at the pathways.  They all walked into the garden looking for anything out of place. Ash caught sight of someone in the corner and ran off with shorter

"Keep eiji safe" ash called from behind him as red threw her a knife. "I don't know where your gun is so" she replied looking over to the Asian boy giving him a pat on the back "it'll be alright" eiji gave her a small smile as y/n glanced behind them. 

"Let's go-" y/n was interrupted by seeing someone carry a long haired pale what looked like to be a girl on their shoulders. Y/n groaned running after them "I really didn't feel like running today" she muttered to herself as her shoes stomped against grass trampling flowers

She stood in front of the man who was wearing a hooded mask, he didn't look like he had any weapons on him which made it easier for y/n to intimidate him into dropping whoever he was carrying. 

Y/n winced as he threw the captive on the ground and ran off, shorter soon came from behind chasing the van. y/n crouched down and brushed the black lock of hair from his face.

She looked up hearing footsteps near and watched as shorter scooped the sleeping who she now knew was a boy from the maid's constant ranting and put him into a bed.

•••

Then boy finally woke up and was now showing them to his fathers study, y/n trailed behind the group watching as Yau Si gracefully glided around the room worry on his face. He soon left and y/n turned to ash

"There's something up with him I don't trust" she muttered and ash nodded typing away at the computer. "Yeah I agree I'm going to send shorter to dig up some dirt on him" y/n nodded settling on a couch in the far corner that was mostly filled with books. 

Y/n grabbed one flipping through its warm pages, ash looked over to her leaning back on the chair, "anything interesting" y/n shrugged "if you count him having a good day for banana fish interesting then yes" she sighed looking at the cover with distaste. 

Ash frowned but went back to looking at the screen that lit up the dim dusty room. Yau Si came in making ash turn with a glare. "Oh sorry I didn't mean to startle you" he murmured passing each of them a cup of tea. 

Red stood in the hallway arms crossed watching the exchange before grabbing Yau Si by The hair as he exited and pulling him into a vacant room. "What the hell are you doing here?" She quietly demanded. 

Yut lungs surprise turned into a scowl as he snatched his hair from her hands. "I was sent her, the real question is what are you doing here, if you ruin my task I'll kill you in five seconds flat" he hissed 

Red rolled her eyes "well ash is onto you,  and shorter is going to go snooping around for info, he isn't a threat though. Ash and y/n are the people we have to worry about" yut lung raised an eyebrow "I'm leaving before they get suspicious, the threat still stands" 

Red watched as he walked out of the doorway "this just got more complicated" she huffed before walking out herself and closing the door.