Five| background checks

Ash kept thinking about y/n. Who exactly was she. She was interesting and he felt this invisible pull towards her.

But she was also suspicious. Randomly showing up and their 'accidental' run ins.

So now he was going to shorter to ask him to do a background check on this mysterious girl.

"hey shor-" he stopped mid sentence when he saw the familiar h/C hair. "Eww its you" she said rolling her eyes. "The dumbass is in the kitchen" she said walking away from him.

What was he/she doing here?! They thought at the same time. Y/n tried to ignore the blonde in the room but kept feeling his eyes bore imaginary holes into her back.

She set down a plate in front of A man who thanked her before asking for a refill.

Y/n went towards the kitchen grabbing the pitcher of water and walking over to pour some into the mans clear glass cup.

So she works here? Ash thought watching her glide across the restaurant with an annoyed expression.

Does she not like the job or is she truly annoyed by my presence?That thought sent a small pang to his chest.

"yo shorter!" Ash called and he stuck his head out from the kitchen. "One sec ash!" He called. Nadia took over punching her brother playfully.

"hello ash. You hungry?" Ash shook his head a small smile playing on his lips "no but thanks Nadia.

Nice seeing you as always" shorter and ash walked out of the restaurant and y/n watched there exchange with interest.

So they all knew each other? She shrugged it off. Its not my business anyway "waiter!" Someone called and she huffed.

•••

"hey ash what's up?" Shorter asked tilting his head slightly. He threw a price of gum in his mouth offering one to ash who declined.

"when did you hire anger issues?" Ash asked pointing to the h/c haired girl.

"Oh um I don't exactly know but she's been here since the day you complained about her" shorter said blowing a bubble.

Ash's eyebrows furrowed. If she lived more towards ash then why would she get a job all the way in China town? Was she actually keeping tabs on them? If so who sent her. Was it dino?

"oh. Well I want you to do a background check. She's been seen at my side if town. Even came to the bar.

And now she's also in China town with you. I find it a little weird " ash said shoving his hands in his hoodie pockets.

He turned his head and watched as cars drove by and the occasional pedestrian on the sidewalks.

"well I mean if thats what you want. I mean Nadia thinks she's just scared kid uh I mean teen" he said looking st ash with a sheepish smile.

He knew that ash didn't like to be considered a child. Shorter was the older one between the two by two years so ash got ticked off more.

"alright call me when you get it. See ya" ash said walking away.

Sorry for the shorter chapter. But I wanted to fit the next one I to one chapter so I guess this is kinda a cliff hanger. Anyways habe a great day!

Please vote and comment