Twenty| Nice ride

Ash and y/n had gotten injured from the fight in the bar, red splotches staining there clothing. Eiji handed them a first aid kid when they both insisted that they could take care of themselves without assistance. 

A bowl of water sat between them a piece of clothing floating in the water making a makeshift wash cloth. Ash grabbed it dabbing at his wound with trembling hands. Something was obviously on his mind, ever since he made I in the truck he had a faraway look in his eye. 

Y/n urged herself to act pushing the bowl in front of them and grabbing the cloth from his hand. "Let me" she murmured dipping it in the water and gently dabbing his wound. 

It was a pretty deep gash but luckily it didn't need stitches,  he took a deep intake in breath and y/n's movements stilled glancing up at him though her lashes "am I pressing too hard?" She questioned 

Ash stared down at her and shook his head, she went back to work and ash watched amused. She was so concentrated on her task she didn't notice the way her brows were furrowed or the way her tongue just barely stuck out of the corner of her mouth. 

She dipped the cloth back in the water watching it turn a murky red, the scent of sweat and iron lingering in the air between them. "What? Do I have something on my face" she wondered self consciously bringing her hand to her cheek. 

"No, I was just thinking" he said with a sigh, y/n nodded wringing out the cloth "hold still" she whispered wiping directly on the wound ash jolted and grit his teeth "I know, I know it hurts I'm sorry" she apologized and his eyes softened seeing her with her guard down was a rare sight but one he'd enjoy seeing more often. 

"They're all done" she said sitting up straight and brushing a strand of h/c hair away from her forehead that was covered in a thin layer of sticky sweat. "Would you like help?" He asked pointing to her shoulder that seemed to still have a steady stream of blood dripping from it. 

She glanced at the wound, looking unsure almost. "Yes please" she answered, instead of lifting her shirt she copied ash ripping the shoulder part of the shirt. "

Ash began to clean the blood around the wound before making his way to the gash that adorned her s/c shoulder. "Fuck" y/n breathing clenching her jaw as ash cleaned it. He stayed silent making it as painless as he could before wrapping it. "All done"  Y/n gave him a small but tired smile "thanks" he dipped his head "same to you" 

•••

They drove through the night without stopping hopefully putting some distance between them and Dino's men. The sun started to rise making max sigh "where is La anyways?" He muttered to himself 

Y/n sat in the back of the truck carefully surveying their surroundings, "I think we should steal a car, Dino probably knows the plate number by now. And I don't want to have problems when we reach La" 

Shorter deadpanned "wouldn't that attract more attention?" He asked placing a finger on his chin, y/n shrugged "I'd rather have police up my ass than Dino" Ash looked over at her nodding in agreement. 

"But having police after us could add more on our plate" he stared at nothing and y/n could practicly see the gears turning in his head. 

Eiji chuckled nervously from his spot besides ibe, "I don't think we should steal.." he sweat dropped awkwardly scratching his neck. Red sat up quickly with a large smile "I have a favor I can call in?" She suggested "Sounds perfect" Ash replied turning to look at max "we need to make a pit stop" 

•••

"Whoaaaa" eiji said his eyes practically sparkling at the sight of the car, it was brand new not a dent or scratch on its dark red paint. The top of the car was open revealing three rows of seat. Red was talking to a girl, black hair and short clothing that showed off her artistic tattoos. 

Shorter let out a low whistle "nice ride" Ash nodded at what shorter said peering over at y/n who looked bored. "Red! I don't want to stay here long" she called

They were in an almost abandoned alleyway off to the side of a busy road, the constant hum of cars speeding down the road alerted them of the traffic. Red waved the women goodbye and jumped into the drivers seat running her hands along the wheel

"Out" max instructed and red scoffed "fine" she said with a groan openings the door and sitting in the middle seat with her arms crossed in a childish manner with a pout. 

Shorter laughed slipping into the seat next to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders "calm down babe" he said making the others raise an interested brow. Red turned a bashful shade of red slapping his shoulder lightly "Shut up, no one was supposed to know" she groaned with a laugh 

Ash chuckled with a smirk "not going off an angel's anymore? Proud of you"  shorter rolled his eyes from behind his glasses jerking forward slightly as they started the car beginning to drive in what they hoped was the direction of LA. 

Y/n watched them from the back of the seat sitting next to eiji who sat in the middle of the backseat. She smiled, it was nice to see everyone so relaxed. Eiji gave her a knowing look  before staring at ash who laughed at something shorter had said. 

Y/n felt a yawn escape her lips, she propped her head in her hand staring at the window with tired eyes. 

Max hummed his finger tapping on the steering wheel "Oh my darling-"  y/n and ash looked at each other before snapping at the older man "shut the fuck up" "max ill murder you"