Chapter Eighteen

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

The next day, in the ballroom, Christy is sitting on the sofa, typing on her laptop.

{Christy's Outfit}

Klaus slowly walks up behind her, gently puts his hands on her shoulders. " 'The Prince and The Enchantress Book 2' ", what changed your mind, Love?"

"You talked me into it." Christy said to him, glancing up at him with a small smile.

"Well, I, of course, cannot wait to read it." Klaus said, and plants a kiss on her cheek and walks away.

Klaus and Christy exchange chuckles with each other and he walks away.

Christy's phone buzzes in her jeans pocket. She pulls out her phone and looks at it.

Will Kinney

Christy answers her phone. "Hey, Will."

"Hey, Christy. I have something that I think you might want to check out." Will Kinney said on the phone.

"Okay, I'm on my way." Christy said, and hangs up her phone.

⚜️⚜️

FRENCH QUARTER

Christy slowly walks up to her best friend, Will Kinney. "Will?"

Will Kinney looks at Christy. "Hey, Christy. In the alleyway."

Christy slowly walks up to him and looks at two wrapped up dead bodies with blood stains laying on the ground.

"I recovered these . . ." Will Kinney said, showing Christy a plastic bag of two blood-stained throwing knives. ". . . are they familiar to you, Christy?"

"Yeah. These are throwing knives." Christy said.

"Throwing knives? You're kidding me, right?" Will Kinney said bewildered.

"No, I'm not kidding." Christy replied. "Do you have a lead on who it might be?"

"I don't know." Will Kinney said to her. "Is it supernatural?" He asked.

"Do you know of the supernatural, Will?" Christy asked him, folding her arms.

"My best friend, Vincent, told me about it. Vampires, werewolves and witches. I thought it was folklore stuff, but it turns out it's not." Will Kinney said.