Chapter 11:New Friends

N/N continues to walk with radar in his hand, his trying to find the other emerald that seems to be nearby not focusing in anything else, which will lead to a very perfect time to-

"Gah!"

"oh! I'm sorry!"

N/N stumbled back dropping his radar and accidentally stepping on it crushing it.

N/N look and sees the radar broken which made him pissed.

"wait, Knuckles?" N/N heard the one who hit him, he look and sees a armidillo with red shell wearing a sidebag and blue eyes starring at him.

N/N glared at him tightening his fists ready to punch his jaw.

"for the last time, i. Am. Not. Knuckles!" he yelled out in pure frustration, not only his annoyed by it his radar is now broken, the radar that Eggman made just for him is now broken and his very not happy about it.

"woah woah, alright I'm sorry calm down" said the armidillo backing away with his hands up.

N/N just glared at him angrily soon he tried to calm down, he isn't in a best mood right now.

"and sorry for calling you that, it's just that i didn't know there's another echidna around " said the armidillo causing N/N to raise a brow.

"another echidna? There's no echidnas around?" asked N/N which the armidillo nod.

"well my friend says his the last one of his species, well at least he think he is" said the armidillo putting a hand on his waist while the other on his chin.

N/N was about to speak but stops when he felt a chaos energy very nearby, he tried to find where it came from making him to look around.

Only to stop when his eyes lay on the armidillo's sidebag.

"hey you okay?" asked the armidillo as N/N keep starring at his sidebag.

'...it's in there..' he thought before looking at armidillo, he narrowed his eyes and nodded.

He have to get that emerald...but how?

Then a idea pop inside of his mind making him smirk.

" I'm fine...who are you?" N/N asked the armidillo as he crossed his arm, the armidillo smiled in respond.

"I'm Mighty, Mighty the armidillo and you are?" Mighty asked helding out his hand for a handshake, N/N only stared at his hand with no emotion.

Maybe...just maybe if he can get close to him just enough he can get that emerald and leave him for good, then he'll go back to base with two emeralds and Eggman will be proud of him.

A smile came into his muzzle, not for greeting a new friend for his plan making Eggman proud.

"...N/N...N/N the Echidna" he said and helding out his hand and grab his forming a handshake.

Mighty then notice something, which made his smile drop...his starring at N/N's robotic arm that have a Eggman logo on it.

"what's wrong?" N/N asked causing the armidillo to look at him away from the logo.

"...nothing anyway, N/N what are you doing here anyway?" he asked as N/N tried to think of any reason which is obviously not about taking the emeralds.

"i...i visit...Vanilla and Cream yea i visited them to see how they are" he said which is not a lie and not the truth either.

"oh you know them?" asked Mighty in a suprised look while N/N nodded in respond.

"yea i know them, why you ask?" he asked and sees Mighty thinking.

"...nothing, since well i also know them too, Cream is a sweet girl" he said causing N/N to smile remembering the little rabbit.