Chapter 5:A Chao

"Hiya!" a child voice called out as he hold a small spear with dull stone on the end, going to stances and stabbing the air.

His brother watch in slight confusion as he stared at him up and down.

"what are you doing?" the child asked making the other to stop and look at him.

"well I'm practicing of course!" he replied as the second child raise a brow.

"practicing? For what?" he asked as the first child have pride as he put his hand on his chest.

"papa is ganna train me on using a spear!" he said with a smile as the second child blink.

"Pa is ganna what? That's so unfair!" the second child exclaimed.

"maybe I'm Papa's favorite child after all!" he taunted the other as the second child rolled his eyes.

"no you aren't, I am!" he said back to him.

"no I'm his favorite!"

"no you are not!"

"yes I am"

"no your not"

"yes I am!"

"no your no-"

"boys what's going on here?" both children stop once they heard their Father's voice, they look over and sees him holding a spear and a bow with his eye brow raised in confusion. It looks like he just finished his patrol.

"Pa! ---- said his your favorite! I am your favorite right?" the second child asked as he run towards his father.

"hey! I am Papa's favorite right Pa?" the first child said going after his brother.

Both twins look at their Father as the older echidna sweatdropped, starring at his children, he take a deep sigh as he kneel down putting the spear and bow on the grassy ground and look at his children's eyes.

"my children...I don't have a favorite.." he said making the two young echidnas have their eyes widen as they felt hurt by what their Father have said.

"...because I love you both equally, you two are my favorite echidnas in my entire life" he said with a smile as the two young echidnas blink in suprised, the older male smiled gently as he spread open his arms.

The two children look at eachother before they smiled and immediately hug their Father as the older male tight his hug on them but gently as a fatherly smile came to his muzzle.

"you two are my miracles..." he said to them as both being children they didn't know what that means and just glad their Father love them as much as they love him...

Knuckles is sitting under the tree, he have his legs close to his chest with his arms on top of his knees and his head laying on his arms.

His been like this for who knows how long, he just doesn't know what to do anymore.

It was his chance, his chance to learn the truth about his past, finally finding out what actually happen to his family, his species and yet it all suddenly vanished in a instant.

He slightly lift his head where his purple eyes is seen, everything is silent.

He doesn't mind it, silence is always been there in Knuckle's life, having to be alone in the Island and guarding the Master Emerald requires silence and loneliness, he isn't bothered by it but right now...he wants someone to be here with him.