Chapter 2:I Didn't Do It!

Knuckles is just minding his buisness, guarding the Master Emerald as he always do, until he heard a noise of a plane.

He guess Sonic and Tails are here so he just layed there and relaxed.

"KNUCKLES!" The Echidna got startled by a sudden shout making him look over and sees a looking mad Sonic and a  worried Tails just behind Sonic, Knuckles raised a brow in a confused look wondering what's up.

"what?" he asked he also don't know why Sonic look mad at him and wonder what made him mad.

""what"? Don't "what" me! What's your deal man?!" Sonic asked now Knuckles is lost and blinked rapidly, starring at Sonic dumbfounded.

"huh? What do you mean?" he asked again as Sonic face-palm and look irritated.

"the Chaos Emerald! You just suddenly burst Tails's workshop open and tore the place and leave when you found the Emerald!" Sonic yelled at him, Knuckles have his eyes like dots blinking in confusion.

"...what? I didn't go to Tails's place" he said not remembering going into the fox's work place.

"I have evidence" Tails pointing it out but sound unsure, he have a laptop under his arm as Knuckles crossed his arms looking unimpresse.

"then show it" Knuckles said as Tails open his latop and start to type, after a while Tails showed him the footage as Knuckles watched.

It was a footage of his security camera infront of his workshop.

At first there seems to be nothing happening, but then a fist burst out from the ground and soon followed the head and the rest of the body, Knuckle's eyes slightly widen seeing a F/C echidna came out from the ground.

Knuckles watched carefully as the echidna ripped the door open before throwing it away and walked inside, Knuckles watch the echidna started to make a mess with Tails's furnitures and machines, throwing and ripping them apart like trying to find something. Knuckles narrowed his eyes focusing on the echidna, feeling a slight femilliar feeling in his guts.

However when the echidna found the Emerald and then about to leave, He turn around and that's when Knuckles finally see what the echidna's face look like as it stunned him.

The Echidna look like him, it absolutely look a lot like him except his dreads is in different style and the shoes and glove he wears, this echidna also seem to have a robotic arm on the right.

Knuckles then glared at Sonic.

"that isn't me" he stated as Sonic raise a brow with arms crossed.

"stop lying Knuckles" Sonic said as Knuckles gritten his teeth in annoyance and anger.

"I said that isn't me! Look closely at me properly then look at that echidna and tell me if that's me" Knuckles said standing up and spread his arms open with a pissed off expression, both Sonic and Tails blink as they look at the laptop, they look between Knuckles and the echidna in the footage then back at Knuckles.

They soon sees the difference between the two making them blinked and felt instant guilt.

"oh...your right" Sonic said as Knuckles give a unimpressed look.

"oh really hm?" he said with sarcastic while Tails scratch at the back of his head emberrased.

"sorry Knuckles but your the only echidna around so we thought that..." Tails stop in his sentence as Knuckles shakes his head and sighs.

"it's fine...but you're right...why is there a another echidna..?" Knuckles asked as Sonic shrugs.

"maybe there's more echidnas than you thought?" asked Sonic as Knuckles have his face in a serious look thinking.

"that is..not the case Sonic, it's literally clear I'm the last echidna alive according to the scrolls that are left behind in the shrine, the echidnas died when unleashing the great Chaos" Knuckles said as Tails put a hand on his chin.

"if that's so there's still would be survivors, if there's nothing else then you won't exist" Tails said as Knuckles stood there with his eyes wide.

"say Knuckles do you know where the other remaining echidnas are?" Sonic asked and sees Knuckles just stood there thinking, soon his expression changes when he realized something.

"uh...Knux?" Sonic asked to the red echidna as Knuckles look at Sonic and Tails with wide eyes and a troubled look.

"...I...I don't think...I...don't know.." he said making both of them blinked.

"y...you don't know?" Tails asked towards the echidna as Knuckles put a hand on his forehead.

"I...I..I don't....I don't remember anything" he said as his eyes widen more in worry as his breathing start to go faster.

"why don't I remember anything? Who are my parents? Do I have a family? Is Knuckles even my name?!" he said clearly his starting to panick and overwhelmed by questions going through his head like a waterfall.

Both Tails and Sonic are worried and concern for their friend as Sonic tried to calm him down.

"h-hey Knux calm down, It's ganna be fine we'll find out what's going on" Sonic said trying to calm Knuckles down, but his comforts isn't working.

"Sonic, I don't remember anything! I don't remember my own childhood, when did I born? Did I just appear in thin air?!" he said as Sonic grabbed both of his shoulders and started to shake him repeatedly.

"you have to calm down! Asking questions won't do anything!" Sonic said keep shaking the red echidna back and forth making Knuckles becoming more dizzy.

"stop it! Your giving me a headache!" Sonic soon stop as he put his hands on his waits as Knuckles stumbled a bit holding his forehead feeling dizziness.

"Sonic that wasn't helping the situation" Tails said as Sonic shrugs.

"well what do you want me to do? Slap him?" Sonic asked as Tails just sigh.

Knuckles soon regain his focuse and went silent starring down.

Then he felt a hand on his shoulder as Knuckles look and sees Sonic and Tails smilling at him.

"don't worry bud, we'll help you out about finding your past" Sonic said with a smile and Tails also agreed, Knuckles look at them looking unsure but slowly nodded in respond.

Sonic then let go clenching his hand into fist looking determined.

"in the meantime, while we do that we also need to watch out for that other echidna, who knows what intentions he have" Sonic said as Tails nodded, Knuckles on the other hand have a feeling, a weird feeling.

=======================================================================================

The metal doors slide open revealing a F/C Echidna with a robotic arm on his right holding the Yellow Chaos Emerald, he walk through inside the room with a blank expression, soon the sounds of his footsteps stops looking infront of him which is Eggman himself.

Eggman smirked with his hands together starring at the echidna before him.

"did you get it?" he asked, he didn't say anything but toss the Yellow Emerald and Eggman caught it and starting to analyze the Chaos Emerald.

Soon a smirk came to his face putting the Emerald in the glass container and clapped his hands.

"congratulations Echidna, you did good" he said and stops clapping his hands as the F/C Echidna still haven't spoken a word but nodded at appreciation.

"now...for your next mission" he said turning around with his hands behind him having him to face Eggman's back.

He stood straight ready for any kind of mission the human throw at him, his glare harden more ready to succeed any missions.