6 - Nightmares are fun

Camryn's POV

*Nightmare* *slight TRIGGER WARNING*

I was sitting in my old room at my house with my family. My older brother came into my room. "Hey, the rest of us are going to the mall, wanna come?"

I looked up at Caleb, the tears streaming down my face. I sniffed and wiped my eyes and tried talking without stuttering. "I-I w-w-would but, I'm not sure if I could handle it." I said breaking down. Caleb frowned and sat on my bed hugging me. I hide my face in his chest taking in his scent.

He kissed the top of my head while still hugging me. "I know what will make you feel better." I look up to see him half smiling half smirking. I was afraid he was gonna tickle me, but I was wrong. He left after wiping my tears away.

*1 hour later*

The house is empty and I'm alone. I blasted my music which was playing Paper Forts by Farewell, My Love (song attached) and looked through my photos on my dresser. I see the two photos I wish I hadn't seen. One had me and my boyfriend while now ex-boyfriend and the other was of my Dad and I. My boyfriend broke up with me today because I was all depressed. Only because my Dad had just died in war.

I turn down the music and blink away the tears, threatening to spill. As I turn down the music the door opens and Caleb comes in with a bag from a random store. He smiles at me as I'm not crying anymore and sits down on the bed, handing me the bag. I open it and see the one thing I've wanted to see forever. A stuffed llama.

Yeah, yeah, I know, how childish? I was 14 at the time. Llama's were my favorite animals. I hugged Caleb as he chuckled. I was so happy. My Mom came in and laughed at the sight in front of her. "Hey you two might want to pack. We go on that trip tomorrow." She said waiting for our response. We both nodded releasing from the hug.

My youngest sister Brynn was turning 5 tomorrow and wanted to go on a road trip. Weird I know, but she's SUPER smart. Caleb kissed my head and left to pack. I was already packed because I'm just like that *does hair flip*. I also share a birthday with Brynn, so I helped pick the idea of a road trip. I was tired and fell asleep.

In the morning when I woke up Brynn was bouncing on my bed yelling to wake up. "I'm up little one." I said while sitting up, laughing. After we got out to the car, we played music and forgot our cares. We finally got to where we were going. We checked into the hotel and put our stuff in the car. My sisters insisted on keeping their stuffed animals in the car, along with my younger brother. Caleb kept his flannels in the car.

It started raining but no one really payed attention to it. My mom was driving, me in the passenger seat, my sisters in the row behind us, and the boys in the back. The road was slippery and before I knew it, my Mom did that instinctive thing where they put their arm out to stop the passenger from flying forward. She screamed "I LOVE YOU GUYS" and then we crashed. * * * When I woke up I was in a hospital. I wasn't hurt except for a broken arm. I was in a room with Brynn. I walked over and held her hand with my good one.

I cried while remembering what I told her when we were growing up. I promise I'll be by your side no matter what. We were closer than my other sister Sydney and I were. The doctor came in and told me the 10 words nobody wants to hear.

"I'm sorry but the rest of your family is dead." That's when I lost it. Not just it but my family. My Mom, Caleb, Sydney and David. I really needed Brynn to stay alive. I was gaining hope when all I heard was a continuous long beep noise signaling she was gone. The doctors tried and tried again for her to come back, it never worked.

I ran out of the hospital, tears blurring my vision. I ran and ran until I got to where our car was. The police were on the other side so I slowly got into the car, grabbed my sisters and David's stuffed animals and Caleb's flannels, along with my Mom's phone and the hotel keys. I ran back to the hotel the stuff in my backpack. I got in ran to the room and packed everything up.

I fell asleep and the next morning I turned in the keys and lived on the street for the next few months. I eventually walked to my aunt and uncles house and explained to them what had happened in the past couple of months. I was now 16. They left and that's when I started cutting. (I got my cast off months before.) I, once again, packed my bags and left. This time, to an orphanage.

***end of nightmare***

I woke up panting, with tears streaming down my face. I pulled my knees up to my chest and laid my head on my knees. Before I could control it a small sob left my quivering lips.

I instantly heard footsteps running towards my room. I felt the bed dip in multiple places and someone pulled me into their chest, while two people held my hands and someone rubbed my back while they kissed my forehead, which made me think of Caleb and I cried even harder.

After about half an hour, one person had left and the other three were still there. I lifted my head off of the person I was cuddled up to's chest and looked at who it was. I was cuddled up to Luke, while Calum held my right hand as he was sleeping and Michael sat in front of Luke and I holding my left hand while rubbing soothing shapes on the back of my hand. Ashton was the one who was rubbing my back. He left to make all of us breakfast.

Maybe the boys truly care about me...

A/N HEYY. So I can't update for awhile because I'm grounded :( I'll update on June 8th/June 9th. Or if I have a chance to while my parents are gone. IDK. This is sort of a filler chapter to help you guys understand Camryn's life a little more. But OMFG MICHAEL'S HAIR OMF x ~Shannon