Someone Like You

After meeting the chief ewok, Arianne and Ezra brought in the small troop and the chief ewok brought them to a part of land he thought was perfect for the base. Arianne took note of the area for Ahsoka. They then returned to the village and celebrated with the ewoks with a huge feast. Arianne, Ezra, and the troops set up a small camp just outside the ewok village and settled for the night. Ezra was lying in a bed that he and Arianne would both fall sleep in. He was listening to Arianne talk to Ahsoka about the ewoks and the base location.

"So where is the base location? Do you have coordinates?" Ahsoka inquired.
"No but we've found a location on a high plateau," Arianne replied. "It's just near the ewok village. I'll find coordinates tomorrow."
"Did the ewoks ask for anything?"
"Supplies."
"Okay. You both can come back to the base tomorrow after the builder, Nemin, and his droids arrive with supplies."
"What does Nemin look like?"
"He's a green rhodian. He's bigger than most rhodians, and he can speak perfectly with us and the ewoks."
"Perfect."
"Until tomorrow."
"Bye."
"Oh wait!"
"What is it?"
"You need to tell Ezra."
"About him?" Arianne looked at Ahsoka.
"It's time. Directly after you both return, we need you both to go to the infirmary."
"Will do."
"Until tomorrow. Goodbye."
"Bye."

Arianne hung up and looked over at Ezra.

"Ezra?" She approached him.
"What do you need to tell me?" He asked.
"It's about Kanan."
"Is he okay?"
"He's fine, it's just...when he woke up, he lost his memory of the crew. He couldn't remember Hera, Zeb, Sabine, Chopper, but, he remembered you."
"Why me?"
"No one knows, but that's why we need to see him."
"Why didn't you guys tell me?"
"Dr. Ingle was afraid that it would make you feel abandoned again. I knew he was wrong!"
"You knew?" Ezra shouted.
"I did," Arianne reluctantly admitted.
"Well, I guess we should see him."
"Yea."

Arianne crawled under the sheets of the other half of the bed and turned out the lamp.

****

Arianne was the first one to wake up. She remembered that she needed to find the coordinates to the base. As she reluctantly crawled out of the bed, she noticed that Ezra was still asleep. She didn't want to wake him, but she had to tell him that she was about to leave. She put her hand on his shoulder.

"Hm?" He said halfway awake.
"I'm going to find the coordinates of the new base location. I'll be back soon," Arianne said back. "Okay?"
"Okay."

Ezra easily fell back asleep and Arianne left with a small messenger bag on her and a few devices.

****

Ezra opened his eyes, but still couldn't see. He sighed and rolled over onto his back. Suddenly, a familiar voice began to speak to him.

"Wish to see you do?" The voice asked in its usual fragile tone.
"I do," Ezra replied.
"See you can."
"No! I can't."
"Young one, with you force is strong. Use it."
"You mean, use the force to help me see?"
"Yes."

Ezra focused and he easily began to sense the objects around him. He was shocked to be able to sense them and their shape and their location. He had no idea he could use the force like that.

"This is amazing!" Ezra exclaimed, quickly stood up, and grabbed a nearby book.
"Girlfriend at where?" The voice suddenly inquired.
"She's finding coordinates for the new base."
"New base she not at."
"Wait, then where?"

Due to the strong connection now between him and the force, he could sense a small pulse of fear in the force from Arianne. Ezra quickly dashed out of the cabin and through the thick forest. As he continued to search for Arianne, he grew closer to her. Just as he made it to the top of a small hill, he heard someone shout at him.

"Stop!" Arianne screamed.
"Arianne?" Ezra inquired.
"Ezra? How did you get here?"
"I followed the force."

Arianne was silent.

"Never mind that! How did you get in quicksand?" Ezra asked.
"Wait, you can see?" Arianne inquired.
"No, I...just never mind, let me help you!"

Arianne was shocked. She could still see the grayness of his pupils. Suddenly, she could feel the force envelope around her and lift her up from the quicksand. As soon as she was dropped on the ground, she raced up to Ezra.

"How can you see?" She immediately asked.
"I'm using the force," Ezra simply replied.
"I didn't even know you could use the force like that!"
"Neither did I. Come on! We have to get back to camp to meet up with Nemin."

The couple raced through the woods and back to the campsite as fast as they could.