I Want You To Know

Arianne returned to her room after dinner. Sabine decided to take a walk with Hera in a desolate part of Lothal. Ezra and she were trying to act "normal" in order to get the crew from worrying about them. She felt the empty spot on her wrist and grew slightly angry. She took out her anger by hitting her pillow. After hitting the pillow, she took a breath. It didn't work, she was still nettled. All the sudden, she silently screamed and hit the pillow again. Suddenly, the light in her room flickered on and off several times. Arianne was scared. The light then returned to normal. Arianne was startled, so she leaped down from her bed and stared up at the light. It barely flickered again. She gasped and then raced out of the room. Kanan was there. He, too, was looking up at the lights. He acknowledged Arianne's frightened state and approached her.

"Hey Arianne, did you notice that flicker in the lights?" Kanan asked her.
"Um...I did. I was just about to ask you the same question," Arianne said and tried her best to act "normal".
"Hm...maybe Ezra's doing something."

Kanan walked up to Ezra's door and knocked on it. Ezra opened the door. He made the "quiet!" sign with his hand and pointed to a sleeping Zeb.

"Were you doing something?" Kanan inquired. "Something force related?"
"No...just trying to...," Ezra paused and looked over at Arianne who signaled him to come up with something, "fall asleep."
"Were you having a bad dream?"
"Not that I remember."
"Hm...maybe we need the lights fixed."
"Why did something happen?"
"The lights just suddenly flickered...a lot. Maybe Chopper's done something to prank us again. That droid!"

Ezra and Arianne remained silent. Kanan slowly began to nod. He looked at Ezra and Arianne again. He was waiting for one of them to say something, but he gave up.

"Well...," he started to say very slowly, "sorry for bothering you guys."

Then he walked away. Ezra watched Kanan leave and took a deep breath. Arianne relaxed again.

"Did I seem 'normal' to you?" Ezra asked Arianne.
"You did pretty well. You just stuttered a little when he asked you what you were doing," Arianne replied.
"Okay. I'll work on it."
"Well...I guess I'll try to get to sleep too! I want to wake up early."
"Do you want to take a walk tomorrow morning?"
"Sure!"
"Okay. See you then!"

Ezra and Arianne smiled and returned to their rooms. Arianne sighed and leaned against the doors. She didn't know what just happened, but she wasn't going to think about it.

****

Ezra laid in his bed and tried to fall asleep, but he couldn't. Every time he closed his eyes, he could hear the echo of the commotion. He could feel his old bed beneath him. Holding him in place. He kept his eyes closed in another attempt to fall asleep. Then he heard the last words of his parents. The stormtrooper's helmets appeared. Then the man leading the Empire appeared. His face was familiar, and Ezra knew who it was. His breathing quickened. Blasters alerted him and made the adrenaline rush faster than it already did. However, Ezra was determined to fall asleep. Then the final shrieks of his parents made him shoot up from his bed. He was nearly sweating. His cheeks were flushed and he felt uneasy. His want to sleep disappeared. All that mattered to him how was getting rid of the memories. Quietly, he descended down the ladder and made his way to the kitchen. He poured himself some water and sat at the table under a single light. What's happening to me?, Ezra asked himself, This has never happened before. Usually it was just a few voices, but now, it's in my dreams and I can see everything! Like it just happened. Maybe I'll just wait it out....

"Ezra! What are you doing up?" Sabine asked as she stood in front of him.
"I couldn't fall asleep," Ezra replied.
"Okay...."

Ezra waited for her to leave, but she stayed for a second. He knew he was breaking, and he was about to tell her, but he must've appeared convincing enough because she eventually left. Then he was all alone again. Ezra stood up and carried his cup to the sink. Abruptly, he heard someone call his name. Ezra turned his head swiftly and saw only a dark hallway. He turned completely around and then glanced down the opposite hallway. No one was there. Everyone was asleep. Ezra trudged back to his room and climbed back up to his bed. After laying down again, he closed his eyes.