Episode 9: A Lost Legend

Začít od začátku

As he opened the secret door, making doubly sure to shut it behind him, he practically skipped over to Zero.

"Hey, Zero!" Dedede whispered, making sure not to be audible to anyone else.

What is so important that you had to come down here? You know how risky it is.

"Curio's coming back today! He probably has all sorts of news on the prophecy!"

I know, your majesty. I have eyes on you, quite literally.

"Heheh! Speaking of which," The king pulled off his crown's emblem, the red eye opening, "This thing is creeping me out, and it has me worried."

How so?

"What if someone...y'know... sees the eye?"

I know when to keep it invisible. Besides, I think that we have more pressing matters.

"Like what?"

Someone's outside of the basement, looking for you. Some kind of snail thing?

"Oh, that's my faithful pal, Escargoon!" Dedede chuckled, "I gotta show him the letter! See ya, Zero!"

Uh...bye?

Dedede seemed oddly happy as he walked out of the room. He must've been excited.

=====

Getting bored of his bad mood, Kirby decided to go and see how his friends were doing. His first friend in mind was Tiff, as it had been a while since Kirby checked in with her. Once he arrived at her house, he was greeted by Lady Like, who shrieked when she saw him. Kirby was naturally very confused and somewhat concerned, even checking behind him for any threats.

He was then swatted out with a broom. "Get away from my children, you monster!" She yelled, as Kirby kindly walked away.

Disappointed, he wanted to go see what Bandana Dee was up to. Before he even left the property, Kirby heard a window open. Looking back, he saw Tiff, who was helping Tuff go through the opening. After he got through, the three of them ran toward the castle.

"Kirby!" Tiff said, when they got far enough to avoid the wrath of a mother, "We were just about to go looking for you!"

Looking for him? Why would she be so concerned about that? Then it all came back, and he was in a bad mood again.

"Oh, don't worry, we know that you didn't mean it." Tiff held Kirby, comforting him, "I wanted to see how you were doing."

"I just needed to get outta the house." Tuff said, "Our mom joined one of those 'Anti-Kirby' groups, and if I hear that lecture one more time, I'm gonna break something!"

An Anti-Kirby group? It made sense, but it still made Kirby a bit sad. He wanted to get out of his funk, so he pointed towards where they were going. Tiff gasped when she saw the car parked in front of the castle.

"It's Professor Curio!" She yelled, shortly before running at full speed to the castle. Kirby and Tuff both shrugged, then ran after her at less than full speed.

As Curio got out of the car, Kirby got a good look at him. He was a middle-aged cappy, wearing a brown shirt, along with a mushroom cap that had a light strapped to it. Tiff was helping him with his stuff, to the confusion of both Tuff and Kirby. After seeing the two of them, she casually explained. "After his assistant quit, I signed up to intern for him. He is the leading historian in the Popstar History Court."

"Ugh, used to be," Curio sadly corrected her, "Unfortunately, until I can prove the prophecy correct-" He stopped when he saw Kirby.

=====