twenty four

Today is last day at the Hughes lake house and if I'm being completely honest, I'm really bummed out. Summer so far had been the best one yet, being the amazing memories, the meals Ellen cooked, hanging out on the boat, the awesome sex, and just having a great time, and leaving the lake house only meant summer was quickly coming to an end.

Trevor and I leave to go to Bedford tomorrow morning, and then we both are flying to Anaheim together and Trevor will start preseason and my classes will start up again.

My last year of classes actually, which makes this whole thing even sadder because me graduating means I really am growing up and I'm not ready to be a full blown adult yet.

My plan was to stay in Anaheim with Trevor and be an intern at a Pediatricians office for a few years before working my way up and becoming a licensed Pediatrician, but now that I'm with Jack I feel like my plans are changing and I might end up in New Jersey.

I was currently sitting on the dock with my feet hanging off wadding in the water thinking about my future. God getting older sucks.

"Hey Livvy, whatcha doing?" I heard Jack call behind me as he jogged over and sat next to me.

"Thinking," I responded.

"I dunno. My future," I said pausing. "Our future."

Jack slung his arm around me pulling me into him. "What's there to think about?" He asked lightly kissing the top of my head.

"If we're gonna be something serious or if this is just a fling until I graduate," I said quietly feeling ashamed the idea of Jack just wanting a fling from me would even cross my mind. "I don't think you just want a fling with me that's not what I'm saying, but your career is taking off and I'm trying to be a children's nurse and things might clash and-" I rambled before Jack cut me off.

"Olivia, no matter what you and I will make this work because I want to spend the rest of my life with you and start a family with you and I promise I won't give up on us ever," Jack said looking at me.

"Are you sure we can work through it?" I asked unsure.

"Yes, I am very sure."

"Ok," I whispered as I laid my head on his shoulder.

------------

The rest of the day consisted of us hanging out on the lake, taking the boat out going wake surfing and tubing, and drinking beer.

Jack was setting up on his board and Alex was recording him. Behind us was a beautiful view of the city and Jack was telling Alex to get the city in the video as Quinn jumped on Jack making him fall off his board leading all of us to crack up.

"G- guys I think I just pissed myself," Trevor yelped while laughing making us all laugh even harder than we were before.

We circled back around to grab Quinn and Jack from being stranded in the lake.

After they both were back on the boat, Cole continued to drive the boat around for a little while longer. Jack grabbed a towel, wrapped it around himself and plopped himself down next to me.

"I'm gonna miss you," he said.

"I'm gonna miss you too Jacky, but that's what's gonna make our visits even more special," I said kissing him on his cheek.

"Please no PDA in front of me," Trevor who was now sitting on a towel because of his pissing incident groaned.

"Oh like none of this?" I asked grabbing Jacks face turning him to face me and pressed my lips against his.

"Ok nope none of this nope nope nope," Trevor repeated walking over to us and pulling us apart making all of us laugh.

Eventually, we had been out for so long that the sun had began to set making a beautiful pink and orange landscape that I took a picture of to post on instagram later.

We were all tired from the long day in the sun we had. Trevor had fallen asleep on one of the long cushions on the boat. Alex and Cole were sitting in the back of the boat looking at someone's phone laughing. Quinn was driving and Luke was sitting in the seat next to him quietly singing along to the country music playing lowly on the speakers, and Jack and I were cuddling on the long cushion next to Trevor.

The setting right now made me emotional knowing I wasn't going to be experiencing this until next year, but all good thing must come to an end, right?

Jacks arms were wrapped around me and he was slowly rubbing his thumb up and down my bicep making my eyes slowly flutter shut.

Around 10 minutes later, Quinn parked the boat in the boat house and Jack woke me up to get off the boat. The sun had fully set now, the only light being the moon light and the patio lights Ellen had left on for us. Alex and Cole woke Trevor up and we all left the boat walking up the small hill to the Hughes house.

I turned around looking out onto the lake savoring the view.

"You ok?" Jack asked hugging me from behind.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna miss it here," I answered.

"You're always welcome here, Livvy," Jack hummed in response.

"I know," I said and softly smiled before grabbing his hand and walking back inside.

I know.