seventeen

currently writing this in chemistry 🗿🗿
---------

I woke up slowly stirring in Jacks arms. He got home last night with Nico and the both of them were exhausted. Jack reintroduced Nico and I, then I cooked some pasta and red sauce for them. The three of us hung out eating our food and Nico and I got to know each other before we all headed off to bed.

Jack took a 3 minute shower because he was so tired. I was laying in his bed scrolling through Instagram when he came out falling onto the bed next to me wrapping his arms around me.

I think he fell asleep right away because a few seconds later I heard light snores coming from him.

I released myself from Jacks arms and grabbed my phone off the nightstand before going into the bathroom to wash my face do some skin care and brush my teeth.

After I finished doing my routine in the bathroom, I made my way back into Jacks room to find him awake on his phone.

"Good morning," Jack said to me looking up from his phone.

"Hi," I smiled leaning in for a quick kiss. "What are we doing today?" I asked pulling away.

"I have morning skate in like 45 minutes, and then I have a game later tonight but other wise we're free to do whatever," Jack said.

"Ok, are you playing Quinn's team tonight?" I asked cocking my head to the side.

"Yeah, do you wanna say hi after the game?"

"We could go out to dinner after the game if your up to it?" I suggested sitting next to him.

"Or we could come back here and cuddle all night," Jack said pulling me onto him trapping me into a hug.

"Jack," I giggled. "As much as I would love to I want to see Quinn before he leaves."

A fake pouting Jack complains about wanting to be with me and not Quinn but I explain to him how he has to see Quinn because he's his brother and I'll be with him for the rest of the week.

Soon, Jack is getting ready to leave for morning skate with Nico.

**********

I was currently sitting next to the glass where the devils were warming up. Jack managed to get me seats in front of the glass, but they were on the other side of the rink. I was just over here to watch the team warm up.

Jack had thrown me a puck and was dancing around with his team mate Dawson, who I had to look up. Jack kept skating around with his team mates pointing at me, but with a few minutes left in warm ups he didn't talk to anyone and he just focused on stick handling and shooting.

Seeing Jack get so serious as while warming up made me realize his passion for hockey. It was the same thing with Trevor. They were both able to have a good time during games, but they also got in their game mode which I enjoyed watching from the both of them.

Soon enough, the Devils and Canucks both went back to their locker rooms which was my sign to go to my seat and get ready for the game to start.

Around 10 minutes later, the lights in the arena dimmed, and everyone started going crazy, me included. The lines were being called out, the refs skated out and now the players for the Canucks were skating out gaining 'boos'. Typically, if I was at a Ducks game I probably would have boo'd the other team, but knowing Quinn was playing I didn't feel it was fair or nice of me.

About 45 seconds later, the Devils began skating out and my eyes were drawn to Jack skating around pulling out my phone I took a rather cruel picture of Quinn and one of Jack and Quinn together posting on my instagram story.

After skating around for a little, the puck was dropped and the game began.

*******
The game ended, an exciting 5-4 over time win from the Devils. As excited I was for Jack, I was also sad for Quinn. As everyone cleared out of the arena, I went down by the locker room using the pass Jack gave me and waiting for him.

As I waited I posted some pictures I took on Instagram.

instagram

@oliviazegras: my favorite hockey team is the vancouver vipers @vancouvercanucksliked by @trevorzegras, @bellathorsen and 103,163 others

liked by @trevorzegras, @bellathorsen and 103,163 others.
comments:
@trevorzegras: who's ur fav vipers player??
↳ @oliviazegras: prob hugh quint!
↳↳ @quinnhughes_: i love hugh quint! 😨

@jackhughes: tbh i think the new jersey dogs are better..
↳ @oliviazegras: never heard of them?? who are they?

@user: is liv in nj with jack?

@vancouvercanucks: thank you for your support liv! the vancouver vipers love you!
↳ @oliviazegras: can't wait to support again!

@user: yoooo did she leave trevor for jack?
↳ @user: no fr..

@nicohischier: i think i like the viper too..
↳ @oliviazegras: @njdevils, dogs how do you feel about this!

-----

(i actually look all three of those photos which is why they're so bad but also so funny 😭😭)