one

"Trevor I'm going to be late, please hurry!" I complain to Trevor as I watch him shove stuff into his hockey bag.

I technically could help him to make things go quicker, but god knows what is on his hockey pads. It gives me chills to just think about it.

I check my phone to see it is 8:37 A.M.. We were supposed to leave 7 minutes ago so I could make it to my class on time, but I dont see that as an option anymore. "Trevor its almost 8:40 I am going to be late, and if I am late AGAIN, the Ducks will be missing a player" I grit as he zips his bag and picks it up all in one movement.

"Well then lets go Miss. Zegras" He says motioning to open the door as he has full hands.

I roll my eyes and open the door holding it for him. We leave our flat and go down the elevator. Trevor and I only live on the 4th floor so we could have just walked down the stairs, but Trevor would have thrown a fit if he had to walk down the stairs with his bag, and I truly did not feel like listening to him whine. The evelvator reached the ground level floor and we exited and made our way to Trevors car. Trevor typically drives me to WCU on days he has later practices, he says its to save the world from air pollution, but its secretly an act to get to spend time with me because he is usually busy with hockey and we dont see each other as much.

Spending time together is also one of the reasons we live together. WCU was always one of my top colleges, and I got in prior to the draft, but when Trevor was drafted to the ducks, it finalized my decision of where to go.

Growing up, Trevor and I were always close, and we did everything together. When we moved to Michigan for NDTP, we drifted a bit because he was always doing stuff with the team, but living together in Anaheim has brought us together more.

"You coming to my game tomorrow night?" Trevor asked me pulling out of the parking garage.

"Maybe" I said back to him shrugging. I do enjoy going to his games, but I'm not to sure I was feeling going tomorrow and wasting a Saturday night when I could go out with Bella instead.

"Why maybe? You always go?" He questioned looking at me.

"First, eyes on the road" I said as he turned his face back to the road "and second I dont know if I wanna waste my Saturday when I can go out and get drunk with Bella instead" I said looking straight ahead. California was always crowded.

"Ouch, going to my game is not a waste of time" he argued.

"Debatable" I retaliated.

"Were playing against Rowdys team, still don't wanna go?" Trevor told me trying to change my mind.

"Trevor that changes nothing, I'm barely friends with Jack anyway."

"Think about it?"

"If it will shut you up, then fine."

"And before I forget, Jack is coming over later. Hes flying in in about 4 hours and he's gonna crash with us so he doesn't waste money on a hotel room" Trevor told me.

"Isn't he a millionaire hockey player?"

"Yes, and?"

"So what does spending money on a hotel room matter to him?" I asked.

"I'm being a nice friend. Dispite playing on a different team he's still my best friend" He said pulling up to a red light turning to face me. "You two get along fine it shouldn't be a problem."

"You two better not bother me" I said.

"No promises" He said grinning annoyingly.

I turned to face the window so I didn't have to look at Trevor anymore. The last time I saw Jack was at the draft, 4 years ago.

about 20 minutes later of sitting in the car in silence, Trevor pulled up to the front of WCU.

"I'll be here at 2:30" Trevor told me.

"First, my classes are over at 1:30, and second your practice goes til 4, I can just uber home its not a big deal" I said.

"It's fine Liv, Eakins will understand" He said shrugging, but I didn't believe him.

"I'm taking an uber home, thats final."

"Fine."

I laughed knowing he absolutely did not want me in a car with a stranger. "Bye Trev, thank you and love you" I said hugging him and getting out of the car.

"Of course Liv, love you" he said pulling away while I walked into the atrium of WCU. Time to find Bella.