Epilogue

Your POV:

My dad came from his trip to Chicago about a week after the whole Beast fiasco took place. He scolded Scotty and I, but mostly Scotty since he was the one who swiped the ball and ruined it in the first place. In the end, I'm happy he only grounded us for two weeks instead of our entire life.

Although, those two weeks we spent back home, we got to all spend time as a family. My dad told Scotty and his mother the story of how my mom gave the ball to my dad. Scotty and my dad got along great now that Scotty understood what baseball actually meant. And my stepmom and I did typical mom and daughter things.

I like to think my mom wouldn't be mad because she would want my dad and me to be happy. I also think that if she were here to experience The Beast fiasco, she would ground us, but laugh at the story we had to tell. I'll always miss my mom, but I'm so glad I now have my stepmom, and of course Scotty as a bonus!

Scotty and I finally started school, although we were new and everything, everyone seemed to be nice... almost everyone. We were known around school as "The Jet Couple" which I thought was a pretty stupid name, but it kinda grew on me the more Benny kept calling us that. And what's more, all the girls in that school were absolutely amazed at how I, The New Girl, had gotten Benny Rodriguez, but that's another story for another time...

But all throughout school, every single day, I would always be thinking about one thing: Summer vacation. When we would spend hours every day playing baseball over and over, never stopping, the endless cycle that I never wanted to end. Mr. Myrtle became one of our best friends and even became friends with my dad and stepmom.

There was also the time that I introduced Benny to my dad, and to no one's surprise, they hit it off. Who would've guessed they would've had so much in common? (note the sarcasm, neither one of them could shut up about baseball) But Benny was beginning to become part of the family.

Each summer leading up to the last was even better than the one before. Although, starting sophomore year of high school it became bitter sweet because our friends started to move away. Although we never replaced him on the team with anyone else, after all of that we'd keep in touch for years, and just kept the game going like he was still there.

Yeah-Yeah was the first member to go, he left the summer after our sophomore year. As we kept in touch, we found out that his parents had shipped him off to military school, after that, he joined the army. We later learned that he became one of the pioneer developers of bungee jumping, of course we all knew why.

Bertram on the other hand... well, he got 'really into the sixties' as people would call it, but the rest of the team and I knew what really happened. No one ever saw him again. He left before the start of my Junior year.

Timmy and Tommy moved in the middle of my Junior year. We found out that they became an architect and a contractor. They started out small, designing playground equipment and pre-fabricated treehouses. Although, they became multi-millionaires when they invented 'Mini Malls.'

Squints never left, I mean how could he? Squints, to the shock of everyone, grew up to marry Wendy Peffercorn. They had nine kids. Funny enough, they literally had enough to make a whole baseball team. They bought Vincent's Drugstore and own it to this day.

Hamilton Porter moved to Philadelphia the summer after Junior year. He never lost his sense of humor and used it in every letter he wrote. He ended up becoming a professional wrestler. He was called The Great Hambino.