Part 7: "Just go away."

Another morning, the start to a new day. Tuesday, to be exact.

Again, Tsukasa dreaded getting up to go to school. Sure, skipping might drop his reputation, but who would care? Who cares?

"Tsukasa!" his mom yelled, "I know you skipped yesterday, but you can't skip school today! Don't try making up an excuse!"

Tsukasa rolled his eyes and turned his body to the side where he could see his window.

The slowly rising sun barely lit his dark "room."

He could hear steps coming from the stairs.

Tsukasa felt as if he may be scolded again.

"Tsukasa. Get up. You can't lie your way out today," his mom demanded, "And besides, today is the last day of school for the week."

Tsukasa ignored her and stuffed his face into his pillow.

Tsukasa's mom's voice started sounding more irritated. "I'm not gonna tell you again. Get up for school. Now."

". . ."

Tsukasa's mom's voice had an agitated tone now.

"If you don't get up RIGHT NOW, you will NOT be participating in your show tomorrow."

Tsukasa shot up from his bed.

You can't do that! That's not- That's not fair!

It's what he wanted to say. His mouth was open but nothing came out. The only thing he had was a slight look of anger.

He wanted to say something but couldn't.

If I don't make it to the show, they'll hate me even more.

The others will hate me so much more.

Tsukasa grit his teeth.

It was unfair.

It's always unfair.

But it's not like he can have a say in it anyways.

According to his parents, he is a privileged child who didn't have to suffer that much and should always be grateful.

He had no choice.

Defying his mother again would make him a worse person than he already is.

.

The school seemed different today. It felt so much quieter and calm. Maybe it was because Tsukasa hadn't been loud or at school the day before. He certainly didn't want to be at school today.

Tsukasa was in his class. He was sitting in his chair and acting like he was paying attention as his teacher was writing nonsense on the board.

It had been a while since he got to school, so maybe it would be lunch  soon. Tsukasa didn't check the time though.

He felt so tired and just wanted to sleep throughout class. He'd get in trouble, then he'd get in even more trouble by his parents.

Tsukasa could feel his eyes get heavier as his teacher continued his boring lecture.

Sleeping would contribute to him being a horrible student.

Skipping school, and now sleeping in class?

What a loser.

.

The bell rung suddenly, which made Tsukasa jump in his seat a little.