Nighteye

It was the next morning and the class were sitting in the common space before class. Izuku and Rumi were next to each other eating breakfast. It was a regular morning so far until Aizawa walked over to the class.

Aizawa: "Alright. As you all know, well except Midoriya as he wasn't in class, but you are all eligible to do work studies with pro heros. Uraraka and Asui, Hado wishes to introduce you to Ryukyu. Kirishima, Amajiki wants you to meet Fat Gum. And Midoriya and Ashido, Togata thinks Sir Nighteye would be a good place for the two of you."

Izuku looked at Rumi worriedly. While Nighteye wasn't exactly hostile towards demon types, he definitely wasn't sympathetic towards them, and he was one of the heros who publicly shamed them for their relationship, saying it was unprofessional and wrong, amongst other terms.

Rumi: "Are you sure? You know his opinions."

Aizawa sighed.

Aizawa: "No, I'm not. But Nighteye is well respected, he wouldn't bring his personal feelings into play. Will you go?"

Izuku nodded.

Rumi: "Then I'm going too. I won't let him go alone, especially if Nighteye can't keep his opinions to himself."

The tired hero nodded then turned to Ashido.

Aizawa: "And you?"

Ashido: "Yes I will!"

Aizawa: "Alright. You're all excused for the day then. The Big Three are waiting by the main gates for you all. The rest of you, get to class."

He then walked out of the building. Izuku, Rumi, and the rest of the called students walked out after him. It took a few minutes but they eventually made it to the gates. Togata and Hado waved at them as Amajiki looked away in nervousness.

---

The group of four heading to Nighteye's agency was the first to get off the train. They waved to their friends as they left the platform and walked out into the streets.

Togata: "So, Mirko."

Rumi: "What?"

Togata: "You and Midoriya. How'd that happen?"

Rumi shrugged.

Rumi: "Just did. I took him in and we grew closer. Eventually feelings came and bam! Relationship."

The boy nodded.

Rumi: "Why?"

She was a little suspicious of the blond third year, while he didn't seem the type to judge, she had learned not to trust simple outward appearances.

Togata: "Just curious. I was shocked when I heard at first. Mirko, THE Mirko, the 'I work best alone.' Mirko getting a boyfriend, let alone a student? But you two seem happy, so I won't judge."

Ashido: "Yeah, you should've seen the way she told the class! She just walked into our section at the Sports Festival and kissed him!"

This made the boy chuckle before he stopped walking.

Togata: "We're here!"

The other three stopped and looked at the building. It looked like an ordinary office building, though it fit with Nighteye's theme of a businessman.

Togata: "Let's go!"

He opened the door and led the group inside. After he checked in with the receptionist, they went up the nearby spiral staircase. After that they walked a little down a hallway before stopping at a door.

Togata: "He likes humor, so if you can make him laugh, you're golden."

Then he opened the door, only for the group to see one of the sidekicks, Bubble Girl, and another work study student, both shackled to tickle machines. Upon closer look, the student was Agatsuma.

Izuku: "Eh?"

Rumi: "You said it Izuku."

At the mention of his name, the blond girl immediately broke free of the machine and rushed towards him.

Agatsuma: "Izuku!"

Only to be sidestepped and face plant into the wall. Then Nighteye, who they had just noticed, looked towards them. Izuku, thinking quickly, shrunk and started running around in his oversized clothes to try a coax a laugh out of the man. As Togata helped Bubble Girl and explained what was going on, the green haired man spoke.

Nighteye: "Only someone as immature as you would find that entertaining."

Izuku: "Ah!"

He pouted and grew back to his normal size before walking back over to Rumi and Ashido.

---

After a few minutes Nighteye had Togata and the other two already working for him leave, much to the behest of Agatsuma. Now the three guests were standing infront of his desk with him sitting behind it.

Nighteye: "First things first, I'd like to apologize for what you saw. Bubble Girl simply didn't have enough energy in her report. Now onto business. Why should I take you two on as work studies when I already a have two, and two perfectly fine side kicks."

Ashido: "More manpower is always a perk! Aaand you'd have two of the most popular class in Japan! You would also be the first hero to take on a demon type!"

The man simply nodded, acknowledging her reasoning.

Nighteye: "I would have to pay you, be in charge of further training while you're here. I simply don't see why either of you would be worth my time, let alone both. And you, Mirko, why are you here?"

Rumi: "We both know why you dick. You're stance on demon types have always been publicly neutral, and the fact that you're one of many who publicly criticized and even shame our relationship. I came as security to ensure your little mouth stayed clamped shut about either of those."

Nighteye: "I see. Well I've decided I'll take Midoriya ever since you walked in. He will make a great asset to this agency.

He stamped Izuku's paper who then took it and put it away.

Nighteye: "Ashido however will have to prove herself."

Ashido: "Why?"

Nighteye: "Simple. I don't believe you're worthy of your power."

At this Izuku growled, surprising Nighteye. Rumi then spoke up, knowing relatively what he was thinking.

Rumi: "Not worthy? Do you know what she's done with it? She's saved many, many lives. She fought at hosu! Defended both her classmates and the Pussycats at the training camp! I don't know anyone else who that power should've been given too."

Nighteye looked shocked for a second.

Nighteye: "What are you saying?"

Rumi: "That All Might made the right fucking choice. And I suggest you accept that. I can tell, you wanted golden boy out there to have it, well he doesn't, boo hoo. C'mon Izuku, let's go back."

Izuku: "Rah."

With that they left Nighteye, now very annoyed. And he still had to deal with Ashido, though now that he was called out, he'd have to give her some extra thought.