Chapter 56: Divergence

Start from the beginning

Ding!

'…I really hope this isn't gonna be a pattern in the future,' he dreaded.

Somehow, Ash really doubted it.

.

.

.

Pikachu slept peacefully within the tent his partner set up as the raven-haired boy was starting to get jumpy after being in the Centre. Meanwhile, the raven-haired boy was just outside cleaning the stone Sword with extreme care. Ash's arm had been healed and taken out of the cast, seeing for the first time how his wounds regenerated for the first time.

'…This is kinda creepy to look at. Even my healing is done by swords…' Ash grimaced at the rather amazing sight.

Azure blue blades of light sewed themselves on his wounds, realigning the bones and regenerating the blood. The raven-haired boy spent a good minute marvelling the beauty of the Sword's healing properties.

'Not only that, but I also think my body got stronger as well… No, no, Yellow's still number 1! I refuse to fall for a sword!'

Shaking away that disturbing thought, he opted to read up on the book Riley gave him to learn more about his powers and to distract himself.

'I wonder if AURA comes with a manual or something?' he wondered to himself as he read each page with laser focus.

"AURA, on… Yeah, no."

'Thing's bugged out as usual,' he commented mentally.

The planet's life energy is known as AURA.

The Earth had been referred to as a living organism from the beginning of time. The World gave its body fresh life by using its lifeforce. But throughout its existence, Pokémon as well as humans with the capacity to use that lifeforce were born. The World then took action to manage the Wielders.

The ability to feel and deploy AURA naturally became exclusive to the Lucario line while AURA Wielders got more and more difficult to find as time went on. This established equilibrium because if it did not, human nature would quickly drain AURA and wipe out the Earth, as shown by the ancient wars.

But in the modern era, AURA had multiplied exponentially and filled the skies and the seas. AURA covered the entire Planet. There was nowhere it could not go.

"Damn, this is some heavy stuff…" Ash muttered softly as he continued towards the Projection section.

AURA Projection is a practice involving the materialization of objects, in accordance to the caster's imagination, through the use of AURA. The most common and arguably only object being [AURA Sphere].

The concept behind this is rather simple, to shape AURA into the material composition and design of an object that is being imagined by the Wielder.

It is a spell that rouses imagery within the caster's heart as pseudo-matter; to project the world within to the outside world, a precise understanding of both the caster and of others is needed.

However, the Projection is not everlasting, as it is recognized by the World as an illusion given form that doesn't belong in the natural world, and it will be erased as an inconsistency. The better the image in the caster's imagination, the more stable and longer lasting the object will be, and it can be further improved by having technical knowledge of its construction, such as a blueprint, or having materials to overlay the desired shape upon.