27 - Dreams and Teams

Start from the beginning

»Our favorite darling,« I heard an older nurse at the end of the room say and couldn't hide my smile. Even in the past the nurses loved me. I was a little angel, just like my mothers always tell me.

Well, I could be a little devil too if I wanted to. But Naika and Toby were the true devils.

»What can we do for you, dear?« Rose asked, amused, grinning and she knew what was going on in my head.

»I just wanted to say my thanks and goodbyes to those beautiful and nice nurses. But I'm sure that we will see each other again.«

Only the female nurses were in the room so I didn't need to address the male ones.

I was glad it was like that because if I thought about Mike, who was still a nurse here, shame awoke in me. He was the most popular and hottest nurse on this private ward.

He was a human and goddamn hot – a Adonis how they got described in books.

He was at the end of his twenties if I counted right and had curly red hair with green eyes – he was a Scot – and had a hot Scottish accent.

Sadly, it was him that helped me shower back then when I couldn't do it myself. A female nurse couldn't have helped me because only the nurses from the same gender could help patients.

And to my horror, I had a wet dream that night that I didn't want to remember now.

My perfectly sealed secret.

»It would be best if you never show up again,« a nurse yelled and the other woman joined in the chattering laughter.

»Drama, ladies, drama. Our dear Kyran is a drama queen and what does a drama queen love? Right, drama.«

Dammit.

Inside my head I swore thousands of curses when Mike walked past me and put his hand on my shoulder before he passed me completely and let go.

He still had his curly red hair, the green eyes and a striking face with freckles all over. Only his upper body had changed, it got even more muscular, especially his upper arms where the veins showed under the skin.

Right now I wished for nothing more than superman's sight to stare at that man's six-pack.

He tousled my hair and grinned at me mischievously. Quietly I cleared my throat to clear my mind and grinned back.

Don't lose face in front of Cas. Only the moon goddess would know what he would do with that delicacy of a man if he heard my thoughts.

»You are completely right. I am a drama queen. But what would I do without those beautiful ladies? I couldn't even stay alive for five seconds.«

»And what's with the handsome men?«

Amused he lifted his eyebrows up and crossed his arms which made his muscles tense up and showed his veins even more.

In the name of the moon goddess, how I hated him for doing that.

Although it was hot, it wasn't that attractive like it was in the past. If this would be back then, I would be completely immersed in his hotness and would flirt with him.

However, now there was only the gay guy inside of me that checked out the hot guy before me and compared him to my hot boyfriend and mate. And Cassian was hotter and more attractive than this Adonis in front of me.

Goddammit!

»They don't matter because I already have a handsome and hot man at my side,« I announced proudly and lifted my hand that was still entangled with Cassian's and grinned proudly at my mate.