97

"What was that noise?" The woman asks, bordering on distraught.

"They sent bombs after us, hit the entrance of the ravine. We've mobilised all troops, scared them off. They didn't do any damage." Dream recites these facts like a robot, fastening something to his belt. He turns to me, gripping me tightly by the arm and hauling me to my feet. "We're going."

"Are you serious? I'm not leaving Sam, and people are injured here Dream-"

"Rosie please just listen to me, we have to go." 

It's clear he's not letting go of my arm, so I use it to drag him over the side, sheltered behind a rock outcrop. I reach up to his swollen face, and he flinches at the lightest touch. 

"Fuck Dream your face!" His grip slackens, finally, as he softens at my concern. 

"I'm okay, don't worry, we just got swarmed with guards. One of them got me in that face. They knew Rosie, they knew."

"We're not in immediate danger?" I remember what he said to the woman earlier. 

"Schlatt doesn't appear to be intent on extending his attack right now. It's more of a warning."

"Even with the element of surprise?"

"Whoever tipped him didn't let him in on the full extent of our plan. They didn't realise how large our forces are." 

"Okay- fuck- okay what are we doing now?"

"I notified Sapnap and Danny, and he initiated the invasion the moment we didn't return to our rendezvous at the right time. We still caught them off guard."

"So it's started? We're sticking to the plan?"

"Yes, Schlatt only knew that I'd flipped, where Tommy and the others were hiding. He had no idea about anything else."

"Jesus fucking christ, um, okay, I need to help, there's people injured. Start organising groups to move out to the mining posts, carrying those who can't walk. Send scouts to alert the medical wing, they'll need warning." I reel off the list of things, trying to focus, trying not to collapse in a puddle on the floor and sob. "And get someone to see your face, it looks broken."

"No, we're leaving right now."

"You go then." I hiss, finally wrenching my arm free, storming off and back into the ravine. Now that the soldiers have cleared out to the surface, and the dust has surfaced, I can see that Dream was right. The attack was minor, and the injured mainly fell and knocked themselves out, some nasty gashes, but nothing life threatening. Sam's awake, sipping water that the woman holds to his lips. 

Wilbur still stands amongst the ruin. I march past him, into the throng of people, so determined to reach the far end, those who are most at risk of injury, that I don't see Punz until I collide with him. 

"Whoa Rosie, Rosie." His hands come up to my shoulders to steady me and I realise it's him. 

"You're okay?" I scan his face fervently, but he looks unscathed. He does the same to me, breathing out a sigh of relief. 

"I'm fine, are you?"

I nod. "I have to go see if anyone was hurt up there-"

"They're fine, the other medics have got it under control, you need to get-"

I cut him off. "I'm not going anywhere until we've gotten everyone out of this ravine and out of Schlatt's range, don't start that shit Punz, I've had enough from Dream."

"Maybe he's right this time."

"Sam got hurt, you need to help move him. I explained everything to Dream, go and talk to him."