83

"They really don't like you." Sam says as he sits down next to me. I roll my eyes. 

"Probably has something to do with slamming that guys head into a wall."

"I don't think that helped." He agrees. Niki and Tubbo returned from their meeting with the resistance, and he just got the update. All in all it went well, we agreed to work with one another, to overthrow Schlatt and then hold an election. They wanted Wilbur, but we said replacing one dictatorship with another via military coup was probably not the best foundations for a stable country. 

Even though our actual main reason was just Wilbur and the fact he should not be in any position of power at this current time. Sam will meet with them soon, trying to get them better armed, and drive up recruitment numbers. The only thing they really solidified was that Cheryl and her husband were not to go anywhere near me, and I couldn't 'assault' them anymore. 

Honestly, that was fine by me.

"Danny doesn't hate me it's just those two." I say. "To be fair."

"Yeah but I can't imagine the other members are too happy with you."

"Tough." I shrug. "I'm the reason their dumbasses could live here in the first place so I don't know what they're really complaining about."

Sam winces. "Don't remind me."

"It wasn't even you." I push his shoulder. "Calm down."

"I want to erase the fact that you and Dream were together from my mind, thank you." He shudders. "That's something an older brother should never have to think about."

A snort escapes me. "Trust me, you didn't get the worst of it." I think about Sapnap, Eret and George, everything they had to walk into, and even Punz, having to witness me at my psychotic best. 

I mean, I know I'm not particularly okay right now, but I was really hitting my fucking prime with the craziness back then. 

Me on Dream's lap, covered in his blood, in my underwear on Punz's shoulder, kissing Ixia in the open night air, under the stars, before I found Sam and a reason to run. 

"I don't want to think about it." He says loudly, shaking his head while I laugh. "You and Punz are much better, let's leave it at that."

"I can agree with that." Punz's voice echoes out, and he strides towards us at our rickety, makeshift table with a grin on his face, smacking a kiss onto the side of my head and sitting down. 

Sam nods in greeting. "News?"

"George is AWOL, no word of where he went. Dream had tabs on him until Quackity died, but he's disappeared."

Oh George. George, sleeping outside Dream's door while I was locked inside, George, carrying me to the bathroom when I had lost the will to even walk, locked in that room. The heart wrenching loss after Wilbur gave me to Dream, the silences in rain-soaked fields and upturned earth rows, carrots and strawberries and the river on a sunny day.

George, smiling by the chair after I escaped from Fundy, his face in the forest, blotted by shadows from the leaves, when he told me he was running with Quackity, the debate and the finality of those words I uttered to Dream, George and his futile defences. George at the L'manburg gates, when the walls were still standing, George and his apologies, the desperate pleading and the sorry again, and again and again.

George in the podium, George in a suit, the house without him, the dinner he was there, the tunnel, the room, the garden in disrepair. 

I hope that wherever he is, he's living a better life, an easier one, the freedom without Dream and this world, and everything it demands, every inch of your being, every shred of what you have left. I hope he's enjoying it. I hope he's at peace.