10

He doesn't think he's ever been this angry in his entire life. Not when l'manburg started building their ugly little walls on his land, or when Rosie slapped him in the face after he told her she couldn't go outside. But now, after seeing what Fundy did to her, that anger seems so insignificant. He just wants to rip something apart, and he doesn't care what.

He shifts Eret higher up on his shoulder, the man still wobbly and unstable on his feet. He feels remorse, when he notices the purpling bruise on Eret's cheekbone, and the way he leans heavily against him. They make their way out of the forest, Eret heading off to get George and Sapnap. Dream finds himself standing at the base of the towering walls of l'manburg.

"What are you doing here?" He hears an unsure voice call out, head whipping to find Tubbo standing next to the entrance.

"Where's Wilbur?" He snaps, no time for conversations.

"Why do you want him?" Tubbo stands his ground. Dream stares at the unwavering determination that is cemented in his eyes. Even this kid, barely 17, has chosen his side in a war, has learnt how to hate an enemy beyond redemption. Dream vaguely remembers Rosie talking about it, her disgust at what Tommy and Tubbo were forced into so young.

He never really cared. They chose their path.

"Why are you here Dream?" Wilbur's voice booms from a distance, his tall silhouette emerging into sight. Dream can feel the anger shake his tightly balled fists, and tense all the muscles in his arms and neck.

"I saw Rosie today." He says stiffly. Wilbur and Tubbo's eyes widen. "And no, before you ask, she is not ok."

"She's alive though, right?" Tubbo pleads, tears welling in his eyes.

"She's alive. He cut her Wilbur. He cut her!" Dream roars, stepping forward. The rage is settling in now, boiling the blood in his veins, and sticking the vein out in his forehead, because it's all their fault.

"And you didn't do anything?" Tubbo shrieks, as Wilbur stands motionless, swaying slightly.

"Do you know why he did it? He did it so that I would give l'manburg independence. Don't blame me for this, this is completely your fault." Dream snarls. Fundy hurt Rosie for l'manburg, for them, and he's one second, one misplaced word, from slaughtering them all where they stand.

"What's going on?" He hears the light, tinkling voice of Niki call out uncertainly, and she appears, whisps of blonde hair fluttering in the breeze, blanket wrapped tightly around her. Wilbur grabs Tubbo and pushes him in her direction.

"Both of you, go into the van." He commands, turning back around to face Dream with a steely expression.

"No way. I heard Fundy's name, I want to know what's going on." Niki argues, tone final. Tubbo stands in next to her, and Wilbur's shoulders sag in defeat.

"Fundy arranged a meeting with me and Eret. He had Rosie when we got there, and he had sliced her arms up. He told me that he would keep hurting her unless I gave l'manburg independence, and immunity while he was on l'manburg grounds." Dream explains, fighting to keep his voice calm.

"He is never coming back here!" Niki snarls, and everyone jolts slightly, in shock at her tone. Wilbur's careful features contort into anger.

"You went to a scheduled meeting with Fundy, without telling anyone, or letting anyone know. You then completely fail to get Rosemary back, and she is now in the clutches of a lunatic who wants to hurt her. But you're angry at us." Wilbur says angrily. Dream tightens his hands on the wooden handle on his axe. He tries to imagine burying it in Wilbur's skull to try and avoid cracking his head open in real life.

"I'm angry at you. You want to know why, Wilbur? I'm angry because the whole reason Fundy took Rosie was to get independence for your stupid little country. How can I trust you now? This is a member of l'manburg, your son, who wants to bargain for benefits for your country. You should sort it out." He spits venomously.

"He would never of had a reason to try and get independence had you not declared war in the first place." Tubbo interjects, one hand on the sword at his hip. Dream can feel his eye twitch in annoyance at the thinly veiled threat.

"I declared war because l'manburg was threatening the peace of my world." He starts.

"He took Rosie to hurt you! Everything about this revolves around you! Because you were so selfish that you couldn't let her go, and you couldn't do what was right for l'manburg. What Fundy is doing is so far over the line, but don't act like you didn't give him every reason to do it!" Tubbo yells exasperatedly, hands gesturing wildly as he screams at Dream.

He only remembers rage bubbling up in his temples, his arms raising themselves over his head. And then suddenly, he's lunging at Tubbo, anguished scream of fury ripping itself from his throat. It's like Tubbo's words ignited a fire of shame and hurt in his chest, and his body pushes forwards, desperate for any relief from the feelings that are piling up on him.

Tubbo drop to the side, just managing to get out of the way as Dream swings the axe down with brutal force. There's no thoughts, no goal, just blinding red and searing heat and a bushfire exploding in his ribcage. Dream swings wildly again, blade whistling, just a mere centimetre or two from Tubbo's stomach. Niki screams in the background, but it's far off and distant.

Hands seize his arms as he goes to swing again, and he shakes them off, staring at the kid on the ground. Tubbo's shuffling backwards on his hands and feet, like some sort of deranged crab, whimpering in fear. There's a low bassy tone humming in the background, as Dream tries again to swing his weapon down, but the hands are still clinging on.

Dream blinks, and the hum turns into words, and Dream realises Wilbur is yelling at the top of his lungs, Niki's high pitched shrieks ringing through the haze.

"Stop! Stop! What are you doing!" Wilbur hollers, him and Niki's hands pulling him back desperately. His legs still propel himself forward, but they almost crumple, his throat tightening, eyes stinging.

"It's your fault. It's your fault." He chokes, salty droplets splashing over onto his cheeks. He just wants Rosie back. That's all he wants, her safe, back in his arms. He wants to hear her laugh again, and feel her rake her fingertips through his hair, or trace his face like she used to. Hell, he'd even settle on just hearing her call him a piece of shit again. Mostly, he just wants her to be ok.

Wilbur and Niki manage to overpower him, as he sinks to his knees, buckling under his shaking bodyweight.

"It's your fault." He sobs.

The thing he wants most out of everything, however, is to tell her that he loves her again.

----------

A/N Honestly, not much to say today- but I did like writing from Dream's perspective again. Next chapter we return to Rosie.

Please remember to vote and comment! I truly appreciate it, and it helps out a lot.

I really hope you enjoyed!

Oopsies x