Chapter Seventeen.) The Deadly Stapler

Start from the beginning

He gives me a funny look before grinning. "You're so cute."

I blush.

I shift on my feet. "So... What are you doing in here?"

"Oh, I was looking for you. Training, remember?"

"Oh, yeah," I laughed and followed him out the door. "I still think Ethan is a ninja though."

-

"You suck at being a spy."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Well, sorry for being inexperienced. It's not like I can go to a spy school or something."

Angela rolls her eyes at me and Tyler puts something in my ear.

"What's this?" I ask.

"It's so you can hear us speaking to you."

"And what's this do?" I pointed to the wire thing with a mint microphone attached to my shirt.

"It's so you can talk to us."

"And this?" I pointed to my hat.

"That's... That's just a hat, Vanessa," Tyler laughs.

"Can I be a ninja now?"

Angela glares at me. "We aren't training you to be a ninja. We're training you to be a spy."

"But-"

Angela cuts me off. "Ethan isn't a ninja!"

Just as I'm about to open my mouth to respond, the door bursts open.

"VANESSA!"

"Frick," I whimpered at the sight of a very livid looking Blu. His chest is heaving up and down and his eyes are bloodshot and his face red with anger. He pins his gaze on me and I gasp.

"Hey, Blu," I nervously wave.

"YOU SNEAKY LITTLE BIT-"

"AHH!" I screamed, bolting to the other door and running as fast as I can.

I'm always running from something, aren't I?

I quickly dash up the stairs and into the first room I see. Keith looks up from where he's sitting and gives me a questioning look. I help and lock the door when I hear Blu's footsteps getting closer.

"OPEN THE DOOR, YOU FUCKING BITCH!"

"Don't tell him I'm here," I whispered to Keith, silently pleading. His eyes light up with amusement.

"Why shouldn't I?"

I gasp when Blu pounds his fists on the door.

"Please, Keith! I'll do anything!"

Keith tilts his head for a moment, thinking about it before sighing. "Go hide in the bathroom."

I let out a sigh of relief and quickly went into the bathroom, locking the door behind me and placing my ear to the door.

"VAN- oh, Keith." Blu sounds nervous.

"Yeah, Keith. Why are you cussing outside my door?"

"Because Vanessa knocked me out and then locked me in a closet."

"She knocked you out?" I imagine Keith raising an eyebrow. "How?"

Blu coughs, embarrassed. "Withastapler."

"What?"

"She knocked me out with a stapler!"

It's quiet for a while before I hear Keith burst out into laughter. "She...she knocked you out..." Keith spits in between laughs. "With a...stapler?"

"Yes," Blu mumbles.

When Keith finally controls his laughter, he dismisses Blu and walks back into the room. I open the door slowly and peek my head out.

"Is he gone?" I whisper.

"Yeah," he grins.

I let out another sigh of relief. "Thanks," I say and make my way to the door but he grabs my arm and pulls me back to his chest.

"Not so fast," his breath hits my ear. "You owe me something for saving you."