playing cupid

Not having an appetite these days sucked ass.

Oh, not to forget, the stupid fever that wouldn't budge leaving her head.

The chakra-less teen forgot the last time she had a proper meal, probably over several weeks if counting exactly!

The girl couldn't do shit while her body was feeling this weak.

In moments like this, Manaka contemplated why Kamisama didn't create her a body like those people who no matter what they get diagnosed with they still start and end their day as if nothing damaged their equilibrium.

...like a certain someone...

Unlike her, the situation unfolded differently when it came to a particular blond shinobi. Even if the world was ending, Naruto would still find a way to eat.

Yet, if something were to nag him in the pit of his stomach, that child of a prophecy would undoubtedly prefer to go out to train somewhere- an alternative to keep his mind off things for a bit.

He always favored physical fitness over sitting and contemplating matters alone despite his body sometimes yearning for rest.

While practicing his rasengan with two clones he created at the start of his training— three figures, mind you, short and childish, turned up behind some bushes and started exchanging gossip not so far from where Naruto stood.

Unbeknownst to the older ninja, he failed to detect his younger, supposedly student, plotting something related to him and the Takahashi with his squad.

Fortunately for them, Ibisu was not present at the time, as they had purposefully left him panicking and searching for them in the midst of Konoha's grounds.

They knew they were eventually going to face bad consequences once they get caught by their sensei, but did they really give a fuck?

Nope.

"I'm telling you guys, he's definitely thinking about her!" Konohamaru whisper-yelled while narrowing his eyes and scrunching his nose.

"What makes you say that?" Moegi questioned from his side.

"Because, I saw them hugging yesterday. There's definitely something going on between those two, I can feel it in the air!" He then huffed. "I thought at first they were dating, but there's no way Boss wouldn't mention a thing about having a girl in his life before."

The boy instantly let out a short sigh after. "Heh, it's crazy how that bastard pulled a total hottie who's completely wayyyy out of his league. It would be a total waste if he doesn't bag her in. If I was in brother Naruto's body, I would do so grab her tit—!"

Boing!

Moegi scoffed as her palm chopped her teamate's head in half.

"Now's not the time to be a complete pervert, you idiot!" she yelled.

"Owieee..." Konohamaru whined, rubbing his wound in pain.

Meanwhile, Udon pushed his glasses back up against his nose bridge, completely unbothered by their interaction. "What should we do then?"

His inquiry caused Konohamaru to derisively laugh and rub his hands, mischief painting all over his cherubic face.

"Hehehe, I got just the idea!"

///

It was around 2 in the afternoon when Manaka perceived the sun beams peeking through Naruto's window.

She awoke quietly, rubbing the sleep from her eyes, plus the dried out drool that had collected in the corner of her mouth, and padded softly against the floor until she reached the kitchen. She slid open the drawer where Naruto keeps his Ramen cups and removed the packaging, which she then prepared to digest.