a visitor

Time moved fast and it was already due to pay the bill. Manaka tried pitching in but of course was refused by mostly everyone. They considered it a flaw for a newcomer, let alone from a whole different dimension, to pay. So, she simply made a promise to invite them somewhere nice the next time they were all available.

Once the highly skilled ninjas bid farewell and parted ways, Naruto clung to the dark-haired girl and urged on walking her home. Throughout the strode, Manaka gushed about the entire hangout, saying how much she enjoyed herself and admitting Naruto was precise about his friends being genuine and fun.

This hangout seriously did wonders in terms of helping her relive an ecstatic emotion similar to a childhood nostalgia sorta feeling. They were so welcoming and cheerful that anyone would surely mistake them for a family instead of a regular group of friends. She had to admit, despite only knowing them for a short period of time, she couldn't help but already miss their presence.

Naruto let out a heartfelt chuckle as he watched her rave like a kid finally meeting his favorite idol. "See? I told you you'd get along just fine with them."

She released a contentment sigh, eyes heavy-lidded. "Seriously Naruto, I can't thank you enough for this. How can I ever return the favor?"

Instead of dismissing her and acting uninterested as a normal person would, he put on a thoughtful expression and strongly suggested. "Hmmm, well for starters, I recommend treating me for ramen at Ichiraku's."

Manaka snickered, softly shaking her head over his bluntness. "I'm fine with that, in fact, how about we go there for dinner?"

Naruto's face lit up. "For real?!"

"Yup, yup. My treat!" she pointed to herself with her thumb, holding her head up all mighty.

"Awesome! You're the best!" The shinobi placed his arms behind his neck, closing his eyes as a faint blush crept on his cheeks. Nothing makes him more happier than ingesting Ramen; They continued to walk, and as they did, neat, adorable, and self-contained flea markets specializing in antique and traditional wares came into picture.

Manaka kept shifting her gaze left and right as she immersed herself into the packed atmosphere, observing people of various ages purchase items from their preferred vendors. Slips of childish laughters filled her ears, around her the Sakura trees looming over the stalls, conveying bright petals throughout the lively street. She stumbled upon ceramics, swords, armor, coins, and other mementos that would certainly delight any dedicated collector.

Amidst the hustle-and-bustle, a stand selling fine jewelry captivated the girl's interest and charmed her in getting closer and inspecting it amusingly. Manaka hovered over and scanned the different styles displayed in front of her with absolute fascination. Her purple orbs shortly landed on top of a gold infinity necklace, causing her to gasp in delight. Although it's design seemed very plain, Manaka liked it's simplicity.

She placed it in her palm with care before tracing its shape with her finger. Naruto leaned slightly from her side, his brows furrowed as he glanced at the accessory. He then promptly turned his attention on her, perceiving how smitten she was by it. His confused expression slowly diminished and got replaced by a gentle beam.

"Do you like it?" He inquired.

It was so beautiful she couldn't resist taking her eyes off of it. She nodded. "It's so pretty."

To him however, he didn't understand the hype of it. It simply looked ordinary.

"Do you think I should get it?" She set her lilac orbs on him.

Naruto folded his arms over his chest, shrugging his shoulders. "If you want."

Silence ensued for a moment as the Takahashi thought carefully. Almost immediately, an idea got implemented into the back of her head, causing her to bounce from excitement. Even Naruto flinched at her sudden movement. "Hey, I know! How about we get matching ones?!"