konoha

The first day of December was indeed cold.

The vast sky offered a light cascade of snow, and gusts of wind can be heard from outside the cave's entrance.

The current captured teen shivered uncontrollably and exhaled a relentless sigh, ignoring the carbon dioxide that had formed into a frosty cloud, and silently stared at the open book in front of her while being wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket her stalker had given her.

"Madara" appeared after awhile and didn't hesitate to reveal Rapture to her. He placed the novel ahead of Manaka and looked down, waiting for her performance of magic to take place, alternatively known as transferring her hidden power to him.

As he stood patiently, Hana's words rang in the back of Manaka's mind, enticing her to continue on the path they had charted together while he was gone— which was to lie.

Manaka shrunk, avoiding eye-contact. "I can't do anything about the matter." she muttered, finally breaking the uncomfortable silence lingering in the air.

The Uchiha heaved out an inaudible exhale and crouched. Manaka's body twitched at the close proximity. "You know what'll happen to you if you refuse to cooperate." his husky voice stated, causing goosebumps to snake around her skin. As if the cold bites weren't enough.

"It's not that I don't want to." She gulped. "I'm willing to follow your orders, but please give me some time until the moon reaches half. The book specifically states that Chakra gets ejected once an eclipse takes place."

He could have read her like an open book if it hadn't been for her lack of chakra, knowing full well whether she was lying or not. Even if he used his Sharingan on her, he couldn't understand her. His previous genjutsu barely gave him a sliver of an idea of what usually revolves around her life. It's as if a barrier was built inside of her, shielding her from evil's reach.

From his reach.

So, rather than wasting time, he chose patience over impulsiveness and stood up, turning to the opposite direction and aiming to expose his cloaked figure to the outside world. He came to a halt, however, when he heard her voice utter.

"Can I ask you something?"

Madara remained silent, slightly amused of what's about to be said.

"Have you ever been in love?"

His curiosity was piqued by the question. Even his concealed brows rose momentarily. Nonetheless, he maintained his back to her.

She couldn't help but snicker. "You may not be interested in what I'm about to yammer on about," she shook her head, feeling utterly ridiculous overall, "and I have no idea why I'm telling you this, but I wanted to let you know that I..." Her shrouded palms beneath the blanket clamped her worn out dress. " I fell in love with this world."

She summoned the strength to finally look up and soften her facial muscles. "When I met the people in Konoha, they made me feel something I hadn't felt in a long time."

"At my school and in my home, I am deprived of the emotion of love. However, someone living here gave me the will to feel it at long last." A smile laced her lips as her eyes turned heavy, Naruto's image resurfacing in her mind.

"Whenever I'm around him, my body feels like it's on fire, and I lose myself in front of him as my cheeks burn in embarrassment." She chuckled, dwindling shly into the comfy fabric that encased her petite frame.

"It's crazy how someone can have this much effect on me. Don't ask how, but his presence near me gives me the will to see things differently, to leave the past behind and live whatever the future has in store for me. Weird, right?"