paranoia

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

Numbness swarmed around her body as she stared straight ahead, eyes heavy-lidded and stomach churning.

She had no idea what she was looking at. Reflecting her was an endless pit of darkness spread all across her vision.

Say.

How long has she been in this state of stationary?

Hours? Days? Months?

Manaka had lost track of time ever since she got drawn into what people in this realm refer to as a genjutsu. She really couldn't comprehend a single thing. She was secluded and cut off from the outer world, her mind being dominated and muted. Which made her wonder.

What was her outer body doing in particular?
Standing? Laying? Was it even breathing?

Was she dead?

To her surprise, the possibility didn't afflict her. After all, it's what she's been yearning for her entire life.

To be dead. To feel nothing.

She considered ending her life one time when she was still active in her previous world. Of course, after her classmates managed to successfully inject their poisonous dominance into her brain and throw her stable emotionalism off edge.

Because of them, the hatred she harbors for herself nowadays is inexplicable. It hurts to jump out of bed every morning and perceive herself in the mirror as the same person she was the day before. They persuaded her into accepting that people like her deserve nothing, and that she is befitting of eternal torment just for existing.

Derogatory comments of her own voice chanted around her head like a noisome carousel, each word grazing into her brain harsher than the last, urging her to put an end to it once and for all.

But, given that she was consumed by Madara's gaze, did he really bring her to the afterlife, for which she had seeking throughout her life?

Is this how it should feel like? Empty and bleak?

Her train of thought was cut short when she heard thunder reverberate in her ears and illuminate the hazy space occupying her eyes, slightly flinching her in place and revealing what appears to be a forest lining her sight.

Rain began to leak from the vast sky above and drench the absentminded teen. She held out her hands shakily and furrowed her brows.

She can still sense touch?

How?

Almost immediately, her attention got captivated to the side upon hearing muffled crying. A body appeared to be hovering on top of another, clenching what seems like their kimono tightly in their hands while sobbing uncontrollably.

The dark-haired teen's eyes narrowed in scrutiny until they swelled with recognition. She knew of this individual.

The same spirit who possessed features sculpted by Aphrodite herself. The same spirit who looked exactly like her although much older. The same spirit who was temporarily living inside her body.

'Hana?'

Manaka twitched as she watched her straighten her composure and aim her gaze at her, as if she heard her calling even though she hadn't said anything.

Manaka felt her breath hitch up her throat once capturing Hana's eyes flooding with blackness, like pools of ink. Her bottom lip was sticking out and the poor woman was quivering in fear. Hesitance took over Manaka's body as she inspected the scenario ahead of her.