Epilogue:

Egypt 36 BCE

It had been over eight years since Julius died.

Cleopatra sat in her garden, under the shade of a cabana, whilst Caesarion ran around with his younger brother and sister. A smile tugged on her lips as she watched them. The little bundle in her arms stirred, his little grey eyes fluttering awake.

Cleopatra tutted getting his attention as he gave her a slobbery smile. "Looks like somebody is happy today," she teased as she tickled his belly and he gurgled in excitement.

She looked up into the distance where the pyramid stood and sighed. Antony loved observing them. He said they always reminded him of the power the people held.

That's when, she couldn't help but feel the loneliness creep in.

Antony had gone to battle alongside Octavian, Julius's nephew, to get Rome back from Brutus. The last I heard, Brutus had ended his own life and the battle came to an end.

When he first took control after Julius's death, she and Antony had to flee Rome with Caesarion knowing Brutus would come after them once everything calmed down.

Ever since then, Antony had constantly been away.

Cleopatra looked to the sky. Her thoughts drifted to a girl she once knew, a girl and a boy trying to find their way home.

"You must also be thinking of the godlings?" Antony's voice caught Cleopatra's attention. She turned to face him in shock as he stood there before her.

"How–"

"It's over, my love," he said getting down on one knee and kissing the back of her hand as she wondered if she was hallucinating.

"What do you mean?" She still couldn't believe he was standing in front of her. He hadn't sent word like he normally would.

Antony took their baby from her arms and held his son. "I am no longer required in Rome. I can officially stay where I was always meant to be..." He gave her a mischievous smile as she rolled her eyes. "At my wife's side," Antony finished, sitting next to Cleopatra and leaning down to kiss her forehead. She closed her eyes as the smile refused to leave her face.

"About time, you fool."

He chuckled as she leaned her head onto his chest and they both watched their children play.

"Do you think they are well?" Cleopatra asked and Antony knew exactly who she meant.

"They would have done good for themselves. When I am away from you I often think about the godlings."

She looked up at Antony.

"Why is that?"

"Because," he said, and placed a small kiss on the tip of her nose. "It reminds me that even once this lifetime is over, I will get to love you again, in a different time, in another soul, my dearest Cleopatra."

••••••••••×••••••••••

"She shall be buried by her Antony.

No grave upon the earth will clip in it

A pair so famous."

-Marcus Antonius

(Antony & Cleopatra, Shakespeare)

••••••••••×••••••••••

[Wattpad word count: 465]

[Total Wattpad word count: 26 325]

[Total actual word count: 27 320]

[Total Wattpad word count: 26 325][Total actual word count: 27 320]