Chapter 3

KATHERINE🌻

Monday morning, I can't believe the weekend filed so fast. Shashi messaged me through out the weekend, that's totally nice of her. What got me scared is the fact that she wanted to meet up during the weekend. Being asked to go out is one of the reason why I panic, I have need been asked this in two years.

Making my way through the lobby. I think back at those two years, all the hurt and betrayal that I faced really changed me. I don't know if it's to a good person or bad person, I just knew it made a big impact on my life. I was so up in my thoughts that I didn't see I was walking into someone until I was hit with a hard chest. Looking up I was stunned with the most beautiful face ever.

His had wavy hair, dressed in a suit, I have never seen a suit this attractive on someone ever. He had a Laurence Coke finish. Only thing was different about him was that he was way hotter.

"Hello," he said, waving his hand over my face. This voice catch me off guard. It was like a honey husky, just could make you melt.

"I'm sorry sir," I bowed, something I always do when I don't even know what to say. He bend down, picking up my bag which I didn't noticed fall because I was taken away by this breathtaking man. "It's okay, Bella." He handed me the bag, "See you around." winked and walked off. Up to now I have not processed what just happened because my getting a guy game was at zero.

Getting myself together and walking to the office. I was greeted by Shashi and one other of my co worker.

"Good morning," I greeted. The both are basically the only people I ever spoke too.

"You didn't answer my messages, Kat," Shashi said with a frown.She has been trying to be friendly with me for quick a while now. But that just not me, she even gave me a nickname but I guess I'm just scared of something.

"I'm sorry Ms. Park, I was busy," My statement made her paused. The look on her face scared me. That was the Same she had when she was on her period.

"Let's talk in my office," she said after the pregnant paused that almost made me shit my pants. Walking to her office my palms were sweaty, I haven't had a coffee one, and two I hate talking so early in the morning.

"Have a seat, Kat," she didn't need to tell me twice. I know I got on her nerves because of the way I am. I barely speak, I barely be around.

She seat down and sigh, " Listen Kat, I don't know what your going through but whatever it is just know I am here for you."

Here for me? I hear that statement long time ago and what happened. My life changed for the worst. What does she mean by that?

"I just want to be friend and get to know you, can't I do that?" She asked, her eyes concerned. I am so scared it hurts, the only thing I could do was shake my head.

"Why can't we be friends Kat?" Her statement is making my heart race. I could imagine the past right in front of me. I don't even know when the tears started flowing and a hand on my back.

"Kat?" Voice filled of worry, as she rubbed my back. I answered the only thing I could think right now.

"I'm scared," I cried.

"Please don't be, I'm here for you," she replied. I looked up at her to see her reaction. Her eyes weren't like hers, it was different, like home.

"I want to get to know you. Please let me," she begged.

I nodded but on the inside I was scared. Getting to know me means so much. How I'm I going to do this? My question was also is that for how long would she stay my friend?

Lunch Time

I sighs for the hundred time. I didn't know that some in this company some of our lunch times are taken with meetings.
It only clicked to me when the work group chat was blowing up that we have a meeting. Mr. Scott was speaking about the vice President of the Scott's publishing. I didn't even know that he had a brother.

"Hey Kat," I heard a whisper, looking to my left was my co worker, Rose, we are both in the same publishing unit.

I nodded. "Don't worry, Mr. Scott only does this once in awhile." She reassures. Rose has been one of the persons who have completely tired to be friends with me. I'm just really scared of opening up, but that doesn't mean that I won't try.

I smiled as a response, "Okay, and I now I want you all to meet, Vice President and My brother, Edwin Scott." Mr. Scott said. I couldn't believe my eyes. That was the same guy I met this morning. Shit! The starting of the clapping jumped me. I swear that I could shit myself at this moment.

"I am Edwin Scott and I hope to see and hear good things about everyone of you. I will be mostly handling the literature department. I look forward to working with every one of you," He said. I swear that honey husky voice almost made me giggled. I could tell everyone was excited of him.

He looks like one of those popular guys. He kind of reminds me of my ex, popular and handsome. Yea he was totally out of my league, So that's a whole red flag. Rose next to meet was fixing her clothes, every girl was doing the same. The meeting ended with the Mr. Scott saying that we have a dinner on Friday night. Why when it's the last day of the weekday we have to meet up?
I just want to go home and be left alone.

Everyone was shaking his hands, my eyes catch his smile. His heart shaped smile was everything. It could melt anyone's heart. I saw Rose was trying to get his attention, which was my signal to leave.

"Hey, Kat, How are you?" Shashi said, walking towards me. At times like this I wished she wouldn't talk to me.

"I'm fine, I just have to use the washroom," I replied making my way to the door. As I was reaching close to the door, for some reason the room felt longer than usual.

"We meet again, Bella," There was the honey husky voice that scared me. Edwin Scott was standing right in front of me.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hi everyone! Hope all is well and I hope you liked this chapter. Remember to like and comment. See you guys soon💗
Sorry for the mistakes