𝟐𝟒: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

I know I hurt you, Cas. I guess I thought by not telling you about your parents I was sparing you but I can see now that I was really sparing myself. And I'm sorry. Hopefully one day you can forgive me and I can walk you down the aisle as Mrs. Rogers. The past couple of years that I've known you, you've taught me so much about the world and about myself. I understand that you need your space to be able to cope with what you've recently discovered. Therefore inside of this envelope I'm giving you a phone that you could contact me at any time.

Inside this envelope there's also a ring that I was wanting to give to you before all of this happened. It's the ring my father gave my mother when he promised her to one day marry her. Which I am giving to you now as a token of my love to you. I get it if you don't ever want to hear from me after what happened but I just felt like it would be better in your hands. I love you Cassandra, and if you ever need me feel free to call me. I will be there anytime you call me and from wherever you call me.

With Love,
Your Captain Rogers

The woman placed the letter onto her lap before bringing her eyes up to the river nearby. She had found peace in coming to this place that Shuri had introduced to her. Cassie closed her eyes softly before taking a deep breath in and out. She then moved her attention back down to the yellow envelope in her hand.

She pulled out the burner phone that was inside and saw how there was a contact labeled, Steve Rogers. She sighed before taking out the last remaining object inside, the silver shiny ring. It had a red stone located on it and a small smile crept onto her face. She felt someone approach her and she quickly turned to the side.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." Shuri said, bringing her hands up in front of her.

"No, it's okay. I need to learn how to stop being paranoid." Cassie said with a small smile before gathering everything back into its envelope.

"I figured you would be out here." Shuri said, taking a seat beside her on the green grass. "I see you finally opened it." She added as her eyes landed on the open envelope in the girl's hand.

"Yeah, I figured it was time." Cassie said, looking down at the envelope in hand.

"Andddd?" Shuri asked, getting Cassie to sigh.

Shuri had become a great friend to Cassie in the short period of time. She was always there for Cassie whenever she had her night terrors. Cassie would relive in her dreams her parents death often. She'd even dream about herself going into the chamber and the extreme pain that came from the serum.

"He left a letter apologizing." Cassie said looking at the young girl sitting beside her.

"And how do you feel about that?" Shuri said as she brought her legs crossed in front of her.

"I don't know. I guess time will tell, but for right now I don't know." Cassie said as she took a small pebble in hand from the ground.

"There's something you should know about the guy who murdered your people." Shuri said standing up, extending her hand out to Cassie to take.

With furrowed eyebrows Cassie simply took her envelope in hand and took Shuri's hand. The young girl led them through the busy city of Wakanda and into the technology building. They made their way up the elevator before reaching an isolated room. The sliding doors came to open and Cassie caught sight of the man inside of an iced chamber.

Cassie felt a knot form within her throat but she quickly swallowed down and followed Shuri into the room. The medical scientists around them simply took their clipboards in hand and walked out of the room, leaving the two inside.

"Your boyfriend and he came to Wakanda shortly after my brother brought you in." Shuri said as Cassie slowly made her way over to a sleeping Bucky.

"Can he hear me?" Cassie asked as she stood in front of the chamber.

"No, the chamber is made of vibranium to prevent an escape if he enters his brainwashed state. Therefore he can't hear you, plus he's in a sleeplike coma. Similar to the one you were placed in." Shuri said as Cassie kept her eyes on the chamber.

"Cassie, I know what this man did to you and your family. But I am showing you this so that you can see that he's trying to remove all the brainwashing." She said taking a couple steps slowly towards the woman looking at the man inside the chamber.

"Yeah but that won't change the fact that I can't see my parents anymore." Cassie said as she turned back to look at Shuri.

" Cassie said as she turned back to look at Shuri