𝟏𝟗: 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐬

LONDON

A grieving Steve sat on the edge of the hotel bed with his lover, Cassie laid asleep underneath the sheets. The two had flown out to London for the funeral of Peggy Carter. Steve hadn't spoken much about her to Cassie but the brunette knew how much she meant to him. They would often speak to her on the phone to check up on her. Peggy had become a good friend of Cassie, as well as a good friend to Steve. One night Steve had assured Cassie that she had nothing to worry about because he only had eyes for her. Peggy was simply a good friend from his past.

As Steve sat on the bed he ran his fingers over an old image he had of Peggy. He couldn't help but think of what Bucky was doing at the moment. Peggy and Bucky were the only connection he had to his life in the 40s. Not knowing where Bucky was, worried him because he didn't want to lose him as well.

Cassie shifted in bed and reached to her right and felt his absence. She got up onto her elbows and saw his sitting figure in front of her. She sighed and softly got up from the bed and made her way over to him. She took a seat beside him and brought his hand into hers. She placed a soft kiss onto his hand as he simply sent her a nod. The two remained silent for a moment before Steve decided to speak up.

"I love you." He said getting Cassie to send him a small smile with a nod.

"I love you." She responded as she rubbed figures onto his hand.

"Today won't be easy but I'll get through it with you by my side." He said as he brought his hand up to cup her face.

"I'll try to always be there for you my love." Cassie responded with a smile as he placed a kiss onto her hand as well. "Now, let's get some breakfast." She added getting a nod from him as the two got up and headed to the small bathroom to get ready.

" She added getting a nod from him as the two got up and headed to the small bathroom to get ready

A teary Steve walked in the front line as they carried Peggy into her service. From the front bench Cassie saw the sadden look on his face. It pained her to see him this way. Her cousin Lily was there beside her as she held her hand to show her support. Sam was beside Lily also being there for his friend.

As they slowly placed the casket onto its frame Steve walked over to the front bench and took a seat beside Cassie. She quickly sent him a smile and brought his hand into hers. She wiped a tear that had managed to slip her eyes as she looked back towards Peggy's picture. Even though she never met her, Cassie still had grown a bond with her over the phone. Peggy would laugh at Cassie's corny jokes and would even get on Steve if he didn't laugh.

The service had started and everything was beautiful. The singing and the speeches given, everything was just beautiful. Cassie's eyes were kept onto Peggy's image that was placed in front of them.