𝟏𝟑: 𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐞𝐬

After Steve and Cassie spent the entire afternoon overlooking the sunset from their seat on the grass, the two were called into the home for dinner. Cassie and Steve spoke about so much, they admitted their feelings but they just decided to take things one step at a time like they've been doing. Cassie spoke about the memories that were flooding her mind. Her strength hadn't yet returned but Steve was optimistic to help her get it back.

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing." Fury said as they all gathered in the dining and kitchen area after dinner.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asked as he stood leant against the doorframe behind a sitting Cassie.

"Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guy is multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. It still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans, though." Fury responded as Clint made his way into the small meeting.

"Is he still going after launch codes?" Cassie asked as she sat across Natasha at the table.

"Yes, he is." Fury simply responded as he cut away some lemon slices.

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in High School on a dare." Tony said from where he stood playing darts.

"Well, I contacted our friends at the Nexus about that." Fury said, getting both Cassie and Steve to furrow their eyebrows.

"Nexus?" Steve asked in a questioning way as Cassie spoke up.

"Isn't that the world internet hub in Oslo?" Cassie asked as she looked over at Bruce.

"Yeah, every byte of data flows through there. Fastest access on Earth." Bruce said, looking at the Brunette that sat at the table.

"So, what did they say?" Clint asked from beside Tony as he viewed the dart he held in his hand.

"He's fixated on the missiles. But the codes are constantly being changed." Fury said as Tony was quick to ask a question.

"By whom?" He asked as Clint through a dart at the board that flew right past Tony's face.

"Parties unknown." Fury said as Cassie simply closed her eyes with a sigh.

"Do we have an ally?" Natasha asked, getting Cassie to quickly open her eyes and look over at Fury.

"Ultron's got an enemy. That's not the same thing." Fury said, getting Tony to make his way towards the middle of the room.

"Well, this is good times, boss but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Natasha said, getting Cassie to nod.

"Same." Cassie said, picking up on Nat's comment as she took a sip of her beer.

"I do. I have you." Fury said, pointing around at everyone in the room. There was a small moment of silence as everyone caught a glance at each other, before Fury spoke up once again.

"Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere. Ear, everywhere else. You kids had all the tech you could dream up. Here we all are, back on Earth with nothing but our wit and our will to save the world." He said as he took a couple steps around the counter to stand in the middle of the room.