𝟏𝟖: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬

After a month of the incident that happened in Lagos Cassie was in the kitchen of the facility preparing herself, Steve, and Wanda something to eat. As they looked at the TV, it displayed the news and the anchor speaking about the occurrences that happened recently in Nigeria.

"11 Wakandans were among those killed during a confrontation between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries in Lagos, Nigeria last month. The traditionally reclusive Wandans were on an outreach mission in Lagos, when the attack occurred." The woman said as the heading on the screen read; AVENGERS INDICTMENT? WORLD REACTION TO VIOLENCE.

As Cassie set the plates with food in front of herself and Steve, the screen moved over to an interview that king T'Chaka had given.

"Our people's blood is spilled on foreign soil not only because of the actions of criminals but by the indifference of those pledged to stop them." The King's voice was heard from the TV.

Cassie took a seat beside Steve but he didn't even bother taking a bite of the food as he stared sadly at the TV. She looked back at the plate she had fixed for Wanda and realized she might be seeing the same thing they were.

"Victory at the expense of the innocent is no victory at all." Was last heard before Cassie reached for the remote and turned off the TV.

Steve quickly moved his eyes over to Cassie who already had her attention on him. She moved over and brought her hand up to cup his face.

"When did the Avengers become this? We are meant to save the world, not take the lives of innocent people." Steve said as Cassie quickly shook her head softly.

"Hey don't." Cassie said as she saw the look of defeat in Steve's eyes. "This is something that got out of our hands. We cannot change what has been done. We need to look forward and reach out to those that have lost someone. Let's not weep and bury our heads into a pillow. The world needs us, we can't give up." She added and Steve simply nodded with a sigh.

"Now, eat something. Even being a super soldier you still need your nutrients." She added before leaning in and placing a soft kiss on his lips.

Steve smiled softly at her as she moved back and he picked up his silverware. Cassie once again looked back at the plate that was setup for Wanda and realized that the voice of a male new anchor was heard through the halls.

Nobody else other than vision was in the facility roday and that made Cassie realize that it was Wanda watching the news as well. Cassie stood up from the table with the remote in hand and let Steve know she was going to check up on the Maximoff girl.

Cassie made her way over to Wanda's room and came upon an open door. That was something about Wanda, she preferred open space. Everytime she was in her room either reading or fiddling with her guitar she would have her room open to the public.

"What legal authority does an enhanced individual like Wanda Maximoff have to operate in Nigeria..." The male was able to say through the TV before Cassie used the remote in hand to turn off the TV.

Wanda turned to Cassie who slowly made her way into the room to take a seat beside the young girl on the bed. The two stayed silent for a moment as Cassie's eyes landed on Wanda's small bookshelf. Wanda on the other hand held her hand over her mouth as her elbow rested on her elevated knee.