𝟏𝟐: 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

PRESENT TIME

The Avengers had arrived at Clint's house. A house that wasn't known to all the others except for Natasha. Everyone got cleaned up and took some of the guest bedrooms in the house. Steve placed a sleeping Cassie on the small bed in the room. After the long ride Steve took it as she was sleeping peacefully. Cassie had been in and out from the real world and from her mind. Many memories were flooding her mind, stripping away her strength.

As the young girl came to her senses she awoke in an unrecognizable room. There was nobody else in there with her. When she moved her feet they came in contact with some clothing. She took the clothing in hand and saw that it was her size. With a moment of hesitation she went into the bathroom in the room, showered and got changed into the clothing.

After getting cleaned up Cassie went out into the living room and came upon Clint and his wife Laura. Cassie was so confused when she saw Laura's belly, but she quickly looked away so that she wouldn't make the woman uncomfortable. Natasha filled Cassie in with Clint's secret. Cassie was understanding of the situation and afterwards she simply sent everyone a smile before going outside to where Tony and Steve were at chopping wood.

"Ahh sleeping beauty awakes." Tony said getting Cassie to simply send a small smile.

"How long was I out for?" Cassie asked as she made her way closer to the two males.

"Quite a long time." Steve said as he had stopped chopping wood.

"Let me guess we didn't really get a W, did we?" She asked as she came to a stop with her hands inside the pocket of her sweater.

"We definitely did not." Tony said, shaking his head as Cassie simply sighed.

Cassie was about to say something when a flashback of a young girl playing on the swings crossed her mind. She quickly brought her hand up to her temple and Steve was quick to be at her side.

"I'm fine." Cassie said, sending a look of reassurance towards Steve. "Where's Thor, didn't see him inside." She asked as she pointed back at the house that Clint, Natasha, and Bruce were currently in.

"He left, didn't say where." Tony said as he and Steve chopped wood in front of her.

"Well I mean we don't know what the girl showed him." Cassie said with a sigh as she walked over to a nearby log and took a seat on it.

"'Earth mightiest heroes.' Pulled us apart like cotton candy." Steve said as he shook his head and reached for another piece of wood he was about to chop.

"Seems like you walked away all right. Don't you think Cassie?" Tony asked as the brunette girl simply kept her eyes on Steve who couldn't bother to look her way.

"Is that a problem?" Steve asked as he came to a stop from continuing chopping the wood in front of him.

"Ehh." Tony said with a slight shoulder shrug as he brought the ax down onto the wood. "I don't trust a guy without a dark side. Call me old fashioned." He added getting Cassie to roll her eyes at the unresolved tension between the two.

"Well, let's just say you haven't seen it yet." Steve said once again not bothering to look at Cassio who sat on the nearby log.

𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara