Chapter 40

Chapter 40 Conspiracy

    Veteran Wang Wei died, which is bad news for Qin.

    Wang Yu has been one of the most famous old Chiangs in Qin for three generations of King Zhaoxiang of Qin, King Zhuangxiang of Qin and Ah Zheng. His death was a very heavy blow to Qin. Now Meng Ao is fighting against South Korea, and Wang Wei is in charge of guarding the frontier. The two cooperate with each other, one is in charge of attacking the outside world, and the other is in charge of guarding the frontier. Now that Wang Yu has passed away, there is a loophole in Qin's border defense, which makes Lu Buwei and Ah Zheng extremely headache.

    The two were worrying about who to send to guard the border. The house leaked and it rained overnight. Just after the New Year in October, a huge locust plague broke out in Qin State, and the plague spread across the country at the same time.

    As a last resort, Lu Buwei and Ah Zheng could only order Meng Ao to stop marching back to defend the frontier, prevent neighboring countries from invading, and at the same time do their best to eliminate locusts and disasters.

    In the palace of the Qin Dynasty, clothes and food were reduced to raise funds for the disaster.

    Ah Zheng followed Lin Ju's suggestion and ordered all parts of the country to catch and exterminate locusts, and asked people everywhere to light bonfires at night to attract locusts. At the same time, he ordered people to isolate the severely affected areas, and rewarded local doctors who participated in the treatment to ensure that the epidemic would no longer occur. spread.

    After such an operation, Ah Zheng felt exhausted and suddenly fell ill.

    Ah Zheng's illness was so severe that even the most skilled doctors could not diagnose it for a while. The high fever persisted for many days, and Lu Buwei and Zhao Ji were worried. After all, the existence of Ah Zheng was the greatest guarantee for them to control the power of Qin.

    For this reason, Zhao Ji waited by Ah Zheng's side day and night, and Lu Buwei also urgently sent people to look for skilled doctors in various places.

    The ministers in the DPRK also heard the news that Ah Zheng was seriously ill, and they couldn't help but feel the fate of the king of Qin. The former monarch passed away after only three days on the throne, and the previous monarch passed away after three years on the throne. Now this young man has ascended the throne, and Qin Wangzheng, who has only been on the throne for only one year, should continue the fate of the previous two monarchs , Will you die forever?

    Everyone had to think about who the next king of Qin would be if Qin Wangzheng really died young. Now that the clan of the Qin Kingdom has been repeated several times, the most qualified heir is probably Chang'an Jun Chengyu. He is also the son of King Zhuangxiang of Qin, and his mother Chu Ji comes from the clan of the Chu Kingdom with a noble status. Once Qin Wangzheng passes away, he is the most suitable Candidate for the next King of Qin.

    At the same time, because of Lu Buwei's frequent visits to the inner court of the Qin Dynasty, some rumors gradually arose in the court. Lu Buwei was aware of these rumors, so he had to force himself to reduce the time he spent in the court.

    Lin Ju boarded the game every day, and what she saw was Zai Zai's high fever, weakness and exhaustion. The mall that was always tempting people to make money, but this time there were no medicines. Lin Ju was helpless for a while, not knowing how to help her family.

    Lin Ju logged into the game one day and found that Zai Zai had opened his eyes. She couldn't help asking: "Zai Zai, do you feel okay now?"

    Ah Zheng felt extremely sore all over his body. He tried to raise his arm, but found that he had no strength left. He opened his mouth to say something, but only made an extremely weak voice, so weak that Lin Ju couldn't hear what he said at all.