Chapter 38

Chapter 38

    The guilty expression on Ah Zheng's face subsided slightly: "Mother, I was discussing political affairs with courtiers just now."

    Zhao Ji was stunned for a moment after hearing Ah Zheng's words, and then sneered: "Why, Zheng'er is discussing political affairs with courtiers. Doesn't the Queen Mother Regent even have the qualifications to attend?"

    Ah Zheng pursed his lower lip, his face tensed, "Aniang, that's not what I meant."

    Zhao Ji looked at her son in front of her and sighed, "That's all. As you are getting older, Auntie can't control you anymore. I came to Zhangtai this time just to check on your safety. Since Zheng'er is fine, Auntie will go back first." Zhao Ji turned and left after finishing speaking.

    Ah Zheng stood where he was, watching Zhao Ji's back gradually drifting away, not knowing what it was like in his heart.

    Entering the inner hall, Ah Yan came to report to him the recent movements of the Queen Mother, and the Queen Mother received many precious jewels and jades from Zhao businessmen.

    Ah Zheng asked strangely: "A Niang has always hated Zhao people very much, why did she suddenly get close to the merchants of Zhao

    State?" Ah Yan stood where she was, and replied: "I don't know."

    "Forget it, continue to send people to watch Mrs. Wang Report any movement in the harem to me at any time."

    "Yes."

    "Go and call Wang Jian."

    Wang Jian was quickly called over, and he stood in front of Ah Zheng, bowing to him: "I see you, Your Majesty. "

    Ah Zheng looked at Wang Jian, and said: "I will hand over the assassination case to Wen Xinhou and others to supervise, and limit them to find out the behind-the-scenes instigator before Qiu Yu, but I still want you to secretly investigate the case yourself "

    Wang Jian didn't ask why, and said directly: "I will do my best to find out the real culprit behind the scenes for the king."

    Ah Zheng added: "Choose someone you think you can trust to transfer. Insufficient, you go to the Meng Mansion to find the important person of Meng Tian, ​​and find out the real culprit as soon as possible."

    "I take orders."

    Wang Jian left, the whole hall was dead silent, the palace hadn't been lit yet, the inside of the hall was dim, like a cold tomb .

    Ah Zheng thought of Zhao Ji, Lu Buwei, and the Empress Dowager Huayang in Huayang Palace, and he couldn't help but feel a headache.

    He coughed twice, and told the palace servants: "Light up the lamps."

    The palace servants walked into the hall softly carrying candles, filled every lamp in the hall with kerosene, lit them, and there was silence , the whole palace slowly lit up.

    Ah Zheng walked into the book pavilion in the side hall, took out a book and read it.

    Lin Ju asked in a low voice: "Zai Zai, are you in a bad mood?"

    A smile appeared on Ah Zheng's face: "Why does Ah Ju feel this way?"

    Lin Ju pinched Ah Zheng's face and pulled it from side to side: " Cub, if you don’t want to laugh, then don’t force yourself to laugh, it’s not cute at all.”

    The smile on Ah Zheng’s face slowly faded: “I just can’t figure out some things and I’m just a little distressed.”

    Lin Ju: “For example What about it?"