05| The Deal

Sunday was a calming day consisting of doing chores: picking up leftover messes from the past week like laundry or cleaning the bathroom. If it was laundry day that meant staying in your pajamas until a clean pair of pants and t-shirt came out the dryer.

The family's outside dog began to bark, catching Luna's attention from the window. She started whining, wiggling her small body from excitement.

"Mom! The car has the royal family crest!" Esmeralda screamed.

"What!?" There were screams coming from every direction. The family were all at the windows, trying to get a good look at the car parked in their driveway.

"Luz, why didn't you say anything!?" Susanna shoved everything into the laundry room before quickly shutting the door.

"They didn't tell me!" Luz yelled.

The Molinas rushed to find decent enough clothes, hoping the royal party would be confused on which house to go to. It must have been obvious they were because it was Luz's grandfather who was leading the group up the Molinas' porch.

They had all found their best, normal attire to wear. Some clean jeans and blouses/shirts that would look presentable at the least. There was a knock on the door.

Susanna opened the door, eyes went wide and eyebrows rose to show her surprised face.

"Your grace." She bowed her head, looking at everyone. The prince and two other men were at his side. She stopped at her parents, watching their own surprised faces.

"Come in." She quickly spoke, realizing she was leaving them outside. They all walked in, Susanna's parents taking up a seat at the couch.

"Is there anything I can get you?" The mother felt self-conscious as the men all looked around the house, feeling as though her cleaning wasn't good enough.

"I'm quite fine." The nice asian man smiled. Felix looked at Roland and Eryk, waiting for them to say something. Roland was looking around, hoping to find Luz, while Eryk just stood with a stiff expression.

He cleared his throat.

"Oh, no thank you. We are fine." Roland smiled at Susanna.

"It's really nice to finally meet you." He held his hand out, shaking the woman's hand.

"You as well." Susanna nodded. Her husband came out into the living room, smiling at the prince.

"Your grace." He said.

"Please, call me Roland." He told him, shaking Juan Pablo's hand as well.

"Luz will be down in a bit. You kind of caught us at a bad time." Susanna spoke. "Please take a seat." She pointed to the sofa where her parents sat.

"Thank you." Roland spoke. "You have a lovely home, Ms. Molina."

"How kind of you. I tried my best to keep it clean." The mother laughed.

"It's beautiful."

"Roland?" A voice interrupted. "What are you doing here?"

The prince turned to the girl, smiling softly as he looked at her. She wasn't dressed as formally as the last two times he had spoken with her. She didn't have makeup on either, and the small freckles along the bridge of her nose called for the prince's attention. She looked just as she did when they first met, the feelings of that day rushing back to him.

"I came to do something very important." Roland stood from the couch. He walked closer to Luz, looking down at her with heated eyes.

She tried her best to keep eye contact but the blush was settling on her face.