Chapter 17 [Book 2]

The Sallow twins stared at each other as all of us stood up, leaving Anne to talk with her brother. But just as we past Sebastian, he took hold of my elbow.

"Hey, can we talk later?"

I hesitated, "um. I'm sorry, I've got stuff today."

Just as he was about to retaliate, I shook my arm out of his grip and headed up to the dormitories with the girls. He just stared at me leaving, a confused look on his face as he shook his head and turned his attention back to his sister.

Anne had moved over and patted a spot next to her, indicating for her brother to join her who walked over quite slowly, obviously still in shock.

-

I took a seat next to my sister and my whole body froze, still in shock about the fact that she was there. Sitting in front of me no less.

I took in her appearance. The way she physically looked was so much different from the last time I saw her. She no longer had dark, heavy bags under her eyes, her hollow cheeks were now full, and her skin was rich in colour and not the ghostly paste it once was and her eyes. Merlin, her eyes held a shine that I thought was long gone. I knew she was happy.

I stuttered out, "h-how? I mean, what, I just, you, what?"

She let out a laugh, a laugh I hadn't heard in over a year.

"It's really thanks to Y/N. When she killed Rookwood, she unintentionally lifted the curse off me. My curse died along with him."

I was glad, glad that I had a sense that her being cured would be associated with Rookwood. But I suppose I was also glad that I never opened the latest letter from the Gaunts because there was no reason for me to.

I suppose now I had to apologise to Ominis for the pain I caused him and more importantly, I had to go thank Y/N, a lot, of course. She brought back my twin, my sister, I person I very much love.

I reached up to her and placed a hand on her cheek, "I just, I can't believe it. I thought you'd never get cured."

She sighed as she took my hand away and held it in her hand, "Sebastian."

Right, even though she was healed and back in Hogwarts, it doesn't mean that the previous year would be excused.

"I'm glad I'm here and I'm glad you're alright. But", she paused, "I'm still very upset at last year and have yet to forgive you."

I nodded, "I understand."

"You murdered our uncle and though I did want to turn you in, I knew I lost my uncle, I couldn't lose my brother", she looked at me and smiled, "but I'm happy I didn't. You look like you're doing much better since then."

"I have."

"So while I haven't completely forgiven you yet, I'm just hoping we can move past this and become the rambunctious twins we once were."

I let out a laugh as I embraced her, "of course. Sis."

She tightened the hug, "I miss you so much."

I kissed her on her temple, "I miss you too."

We spent the night catching up with other and I suppose now I have to thank Poppy too for allowing Anne to stay with them.

"So, I hear there's the upcoming Christmas Ball?"

"There is?" I didn't really listen to school gossip or any news that spread for that matter.

"Yes, there is."

I then thought forward to that Ball, my hands gripping themselves on Y/N's waist with her hands around my neck as we slow danced to a very romantic song. I would then place my forehead against hers as she would look down at my lips and then back to my eyes. And then, then, I would lean down, capturing her lips to mine as we would be in our own world, ignoring everyone around us.