10| Auradon And The Isle

Mal and Evie were sat on either side of Audrey's bed. Audrey laid motionless on her back, still unconscious from earlier that evening.

"She's slipping away," Evie breathed out as she and Mal shared a nervous glance.

Celia and Aaron were seated on the windowsill as they listened to what was going on. Carlos stood behind the armchair that y/n was seated in as he continued fussing over her and her cuts. Y/n hung her head back against him as he played with her hair. Jay stood turned away in a corner as he couldn't bear to look at Audrey's sleeping form. Harry watched from an armchair that Uma stood next to. Ben paced nervously up and down across the room at the foot of Audrey's bed.

"There's only one person in the world who might be able to do something about this... and that's Hades," Mal stated with a huff.

"Hades? He wouldn't do it. I wouldn't risk it," Ben said as he stopped pacing.

"Actually, he might do it for me," Mal started as she glanced at y/n and Evie who both nodded in support.

"He's my father," she stated.

Carlos looked at Jay in shock before he looked down at y/n. She grabbed his hand which was on her shoulder and intertwined their fingers without looking up at him. She shut her eyes, feeling drained and exhausted. Carlos ran his free hand through her hair again before kissing her forehead.

"When we've sorted this all out were going straight home so you can sleep, alright?" he whispered softly to her.

"Ok. Well, I'll have to send gaurds to get him," Ben sighed.

"Maybe I can hitch a ride," Uma then said to Ben.

"The Isle is my home. Someone needs to be there to protect it," she continued.

"Well then, you'll need your first mate," Harry smiled slightly as he stepped up behind Uma and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"The Isle will be in very good hands," Mal smiled weakly.

"Can we go, too?" Celia asked as she and Aaron stepped forward.

"I wish I could be in both places," she added as Aaron looked back at y/n and Carlos who both gave him encouraging smiles.

"I really think that Evie was right and... I do think that we could have been friends," Mal said to Uma with a smile as she stood up from her seat next to Audrey's bed.

"And I'm really sorry that I lied to all of you guys. You deserved so much better than that," she continued as Jay, y/n and Carlos gathered around Audrey's bed with the others.

"You were just trying to do the right thing," Jay said quietly.

"Yeah," Uma agreed.

"I get it," Evie said as she stood up from her side of the bed.

Mal smiled before she looked at y/n who stood in front of Carlos with one of her hands on Aaron's shoulders. She smiled at Mal in confirmation. She was still upset that she lied but she understood that she had been under a lot of stress and she just did what she thought was the best thing to do.

Carlos's arms tightened slightly around her waist as he pulled her back against his chest. He then nodded at Mal with a small smile before they all left the room.

~~~

Hades was retrieved from the Isle of the Lost by the Royal Guards and brought to Auradon. He had been chained up by his wrists and his ankles in a way of attempting to prevent him from escaping. He was escorted by six guards to Audrey's room where Ben, Mal, Belle, Beast, Fairy Godmother and Queen Leah, Audrey's grandmother, waited.