6| Cotillion

Evie, Jay, Lonnie, Doug, y/n and Carlos had all arrived at Cotillion together.

"Evie, you look beautiful!" y/n and Carlos heard one of the photographers call out to her as they took her photo.

"Thank you so much," she smiled.

"Did you design barrette?" a second reporter asked her.

"It's beautiful isn't it? Uhm, no, it's not my creation. Many of the accessories this evening are by a fabulous new designer. Dizzy of the Isle," she smiled as she winked at the camera.

"You ready?" Carlos whispered to y/n as he held his hand out for her.

"Let's do this," she smiled before it was their turn in the spotlight.

"Do you have anything to say to Mal on this big night?" a reporter called out to her.

"She just needs to be herself. She can't go wrong with that. She must just embrace who she is," y/n called over the noise with a smile.

"Y/n, what happened to your face?" a second reporter asked her.

That question caused y/n to freeze up. She then suddenly felt a pair of strong arms wrap protectively around her waist and pull her away from the reporter.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I believe that you've reached your limited amount of questions for today," Carlos stated with a sarcastic smile before leading y/n away.

The two of them walked off and joined the party. He then slipped his hand into hers and intertwined their fingers as they stood to the side.

"That wasn't too bad?" Carlos said to her.

"Yeah, let's just not do it again," she laughed slightly.

The two of them then stood at the bottom of the stairs for a few seconds as they looked over at the crowd of dancing people.

"After you," he smiled down at her.

She then smiled up at him before she pulled him onto the dance floor towards Evie and Doug.

The crowd then began to cheer as the music died down. Trumpets then sounded before an announcement was made.

"The future Lady Mal!" Lumiere's voice then called out from the top of the stairs before he stepped aside for Mal.

Y/n then squeezed Carlos's hand as Mal appeared at the top of the stairs. She smiled proudly up at Mal before she started cheering along with the rest of the crowd.

"Whoo! Yeah, Mal!" her friends then followed suit as she made her way elegantly down the stairs.

"Hi," she breathed out nervously as Beast helped her down the stairs.

"Hi," he replied with a smile.

"Ben is on his way," he continued as he walked her towards Belle.

"Ok," she said nervously.

"And you look beautiful," he smiled at her.

"Oh. Thank you," she laughed.

"I know we were shocked at first, but you... you are exactly what Ben needs," Belle said to her as she held Mal's hands in her own.

"And lucky for me, she doesn't go by first impressions," Beast joked.

"Of course," Beast and Belle then stepped back as they allowed Mal to make her way towards Evie and the rest of her friends who stood waiting for her.

"Hi," Evie smiled.

"Hi," Mal replied nervously.

"How are you?" Evie asked as they walked towards the others.