2| Royal Engagement

"Y/n. Y/n, baby, come on. Y/n, we've got to get ready, Ben's proposing today, remember?" Carlos gently tried to wake his girlfriend.

"Just five more minutes," she croaked out.

"Come on, beautiful. We've got to go," Carlos tried again with a small smile.

"Don't you wanna cuddle?" she smiled slightly as she opened the duvet for him. She knew that cuddling was his weakness.

He then instantly jumped in on top of her before he wrapped his arms around her waist and rolled over, pulling her with him as he pulled her into his chest. She giggled as she nuzzled into his warm body, her arms automatically wrapping around his torso.

"Maybe just five more minutes then," he hummed as he pulled her closer.

~~~

Y/n made her way through the large crowd of civilians with Carlos's hand intertwined with her own, the boy trailing being her as she elbowed her way towards the front of the crowd. She smiled back at Carlos when she spotted Evie before she made her way towards the blue haired girl.

"Where have you guys been?" Evie asked as she hugged y/n.

"We overslept," y/n shrugged slightly, Carlos laughed as he wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her into his side.

Evie rolled her eyes at the two with a smile. Her smile then grew even more when she noticed Ben and Mal. She grabbed Doug's hand and squeezed it before she looked at y/n.

"Here they come," she grinned as Doug led the band to start playing their song.

Mal and Ben waved at the crowd as a Royal Guard led them towards the small platform in the centre of the crowd. Y/n grinned up at Carlos excitedly as she bounced on the balls of her feet.

"Oh! Stay," Fairy Godmother said to Mal when she tried to walk off the platform.

"Stay here?" Mal asked as she pointed at the platform.

"Yes," Fairy Godmother smiled once Mal returned to Ben's side.

"Bippity-boppity, one, two, one, two. Can everybody hear me?" FG tested the microphone that she held in her hand.

"Yes!" y/n heard Jane call out to her mother as she found a spot by y/n's side. Y/n smiled at the girl before giving her a quick side hug.

The crowd cheered in response to Fairy Godmother before she handed the microphone to Ben.

"Thank you, Fairy Godmother," Ben spoke into the mic.

"What's up Auradon?" he then exclaimed after a moment of silence.

"Thank you. Thank you so much for coming out to welcome our new arrivals. They'll be here soon," Ben called over the cheering crowd.

"It worked out pretty well with the first five," Ben started again once the cheering died down.

"Yeah, especially for you," Chad exclaimed before Audrey snapped her fingers in his face.

"Really funny," she said to him before looking back towards Ben.

"Mal, this is the exact spot we first met not so long ago. I feel like I've known you my whole life, but, did I mention that I'm in love with you?" Ben continued, ignoring Chad's previous comment.

The crowd cooed as Doug handed y/n his guitar. She then started gently strumming on it as the rest of her friends began to hum softly.

"I met this girl who rocked my world like it's never been rocked and now I'm living just for her and I won't ever stop. I never thought that it could happen to a guy like me but now look at what you've done, you've got me down on my knee," Ben sang as he kneeled down in front of Mal.