5| Back In Auradon

"You ok?" Carlos asked Lonnie as they made through the tunnel to where Jay waited for them in the car.

"Yeah, I'm good," Lonnie panted as she stood by the tunnel.

"Nice work out there, Lonnie," he said to her before making his way towards the car.

"Come on, Dude. Hop in," he then said as he opened the car door for Dude. "Now you listen to me."

"Y/n, are you ok?" Carlos asked her as she walked towards him.

"Yeah, never better," she laughed before kissing him on the cheek and throwing her bag into the boot of the car.

Carlos stood frozen on the spot for a few seconds before Evie emerged from the tunnel.

"Let's go," Evie said to Lonnie.

"Come on, guys. Get in," y/n said to them as Carlos held the door open.

Y/n then looked back and saw Ben make his way through the tunnel. She then climbed into the car after Evie, Carlos climbing in after her.

"Mal!" they heard Ben call out for her.

"Come on, come on, come on!" Mal exclaimed as they ran to the car and threw their swords into the boot.

The two of them then climbed into the car as Jay started to drive off back towards Auradon. They were all breathing heavily as they sat in silence. Y/n hung her head back on the seat as Dude climbed from Carlos's lap onto hers. Her hand automatically moved down towards him as she started scratching him behind the ears.

"I'm really sorry that things didn't go the way you wanted them to," Ben then said as he turned towards Mal, gaining y/n's attention.

"I mean... as long as you're safe that's..." Mal trailed off as y/n lifted her head up to watch the two.

"I mean, atleast I got to see the Isle. They're my people too. Uma helped me see that," Ben said.

"Ben, Uma captured you," Mal stated heatedly.

"She's an angry girl with a bad plan. That's not so different from you when you came to Auradon, Mal," Ben retorted as y/n stared at them with raised eyebrows and wide eyes.

She shared a shocked glance with Carlos before clearing her throat awkwardly.

"Awkward," Dude then interjected.

"Oh my," y/n muttered as she looked down at Dude before glancing nervously back up at Ben and Mal.

"Dude, I know you can talk, but it doesn't always mean you should," Carlos then whispered to him.

"Here we go," Jay said as he opened the barrier, not knowing how tense it was in the back.

~~~

"I'll get these back to the gym," Lonnie said as the seven of them made it back to school.

"Thanks," Jay said to her.

"See you later," she smiled at her friends before making her way towards the gym.

"Ben! There you are. Cotillion's tonight. Come here, look. This is the stained glass window for Mal. Isn't it beautiful? She's gonna love it," Jane gushed as she showed Ben a photo of the stained glass on her tablet.

"Do you want to cancel?" Ben then whispered to Mal.

"Uhm, you know what? I can come back. Uhm, but, like, really really soon," Jane said nervously as she looked between Ben and Mal.

"No, no, no. Now's fine. Uhm..." Ben started, unsure.

"Do whatever you need to do," he then said to Mal before she started to walk off with Evie.