"But I need you!" He cried out. 

I smiled weakly, "Advika has already been through so much pain, Jai. Let's not cause her more."

Jai sniffed.

"And… Adiraj? What wrong has that innocent kid done? Why does he need to lose his father? Hell, he doesn't even know who his father is!"

Jai dropped down to his knees. Right now all I wish is to just disappear into thin air because I can't… I can't see Jai like this.

"They need you, Jai. Just like Robin trusted, only you can keep them safe." I whispered. 

"But what about you?" He whispered looking up at me, "You're my life, Akki. My ultimate destination. Now… because of all this… I can't choose someone else."

With every word that Jai was hurling at me, I became weak but somehow, I picked up my shattered parts and held them together. 

I shook my head, "Let Advika be your only choice, Jai. Let her be your ultimate destination."

Jai shook his head vigorously, "Let's don't come to this. I'll speak with Advika. We can find some solution."

"No!" I immediately answered, "Don't do that."

"Why?"

Closing my eyes, I blew out air and then opened again, "Advika deserves to know this, Jai. But it only leaves her shattered. No woman can stay sane after knowing that her husband wanted her to marry someone."

Jai just blinked his eyes.

"Even without knowing all these, Advika has gladly agreed for the divorce. Now after knowing this, she will definitely walk out of our way. I can say that for sure."

"But…." Jai dragged knowing that there is still more.

"But… she won't marry again. She will never!! And it leaves her alone and Adiraj… can never have a father."

"I can be there for him. I will take care of him. After knowing that he is Robin's son, do you think I'll leave him alone?" Jai asked. Now his expression is turning aggressive.

"It doesn't be the same, Jai. Without being his father, you can't always be with him. You can't make him your priority!!" I cried out. Everything seems possible now but in reality and with each passing day, that doesn't happen.

"Advika is already your wife, dammit!! Why can't you understand that!!" I screamed at him.

"Because I love you." He whispered. I always loved whenever Jai made a love confession but right now, I can't.

"But we can't let our love snatch away others happiness, right?" I asked in return. Jai immediately broke down into tears. 

"Let them be your only choice, Jai. Let them be." I stressed those words again and again. Hoping that Jai would understand the situation

Finally, hanging his head down, he slowly nodded. My heart broke right at that moment. 

For one last time, I couldn't help but move close towards him and dropped to my knees in front of him. He immediately pulled me into a tight hug and buried his face into my neck. 

I whispered to my heart to not have any hopes.

Wrapping my hands around him I kept on rubbing his back. His every sob broke my heart into another piece but I should be strong. For now. When finally after what felt like hours he calmed down.

"Jai." I called him. 

He chose not to respond but it didn't stop me from asking.

"Who is Advika?" 

After a whole minute he answered, "My wife."

I bit my lips to stop my tears. I fisted my hands so as not to lose my control. I have to do this. I have to do this. I have to do this for the person I love. I have to be strong. I have to make this decision. 

I kept on reminding myself.

Clenching my jaw tight I pulled up all my strength to ask my second question, "Who is Adiraj?"

His reply came immediately, "My son."

I swallowed hard to kill the burning sensation in my throat, "Who am I?"

With that question he tightened his arms around me and I finally let out my tears slowly.

"A memory. Beautiful yet painful." His hoarse voice finally broke me completely. Unable to contain any more I detached from him and moved far away.

He raised his red rimmed eyes to me and that's when I died completely. And I don't even want to be reborn.

Jai then raised his right hand and pointed his forefinger towards me. Then again he pointed the same finger towards his chest and poked it at the place where his heart beats. He then rubbed the area and casted a small smile towards me. 

And I froze. Completely froze in my place. That's what he did. The very first time he laid his eyes on me. That's what he did and that's how everything started between us. 

And again that's how everything is going to end between us. 

He then immediately stood up and took a back step. Step after step until he completely disappeared from my vision.

I don't how I even stopped my legs from running after him. 

Not to have any more hopes that he is gonna return back from the path he just exited, I turned around. 

There he is. Near the gate. Leaned against the gate and looked up at me. 

He just stood there staring at me with tears in his eyes. Without blinking, I stared at him, capturing him into my memory. 

After what felt like hours, he walked out, taking away my soul with him and leaving my corpse behind.   

I stood there, gripping the railing tight hoping that it would stop me from racing down to Jai. 

It would be easy. So much easy for me to let him choose me. Every second of my agonising pain I'm facing now will just evaporate but no. It's not an option. It's not the choice I have to make.

Suddenly, when I felt a presence behind me, I leaned into him. I let my mental and physical weight fall upon him because I know whenever and whatever the situation might be, he will always be there for me to pick me up.

"You shouldn't have done that." Bhai said, placing his hands on my shoulders and gently massaging them.

I shook my head, "I have to , Bhai. I have to."

"There will be some way to do this. We can solve this, Akki."

I shook my head again, "Even if we find that and solve this, Jai can't be happy with me, Bhai. After what happened, he can't stop thinking about them. He can't stop worrying about them and I know for sure that Advika will not marry again. And I can't be selfish and rob a father from that innocent boy."

I really can't do that. Even before all this chaos, I felt like I was intruding into their life. And now after knowing everything, I can't trash away a dead man's wish. 

There has to be a reason why he has chosen Jai to be his wife's husband after all these years. And just because of my selfish love, I can't break that. It will tear all of us apart. 

"I can't see you like this, Akki." He said and the pain in his voice hasn't gone unnoticed. 

Unable to control myself anymore, I turned around and buried myself into Bhai's arms. The safest place for me in this entire world. I let myself calm down in his warmth but the pain that's killing me has finally let me broke and I completely broke down in his arms.

Why? Why should it happen like this? Where were the dreams we wanted to fulfil? Where were the moments we promised to be with each other till eternity? Why hadn't they stopped all this from happening?

************************************

I really really couldn't write this chapter.... So it might not be up to the mark.... Please bear with me my lovelies...