Wedding night

--Advika--

One, I blinked to make sure that I'm not dreaming.

Two, I blinked again to make sure that he was actually standing in front of me.

Three, I blinked once again to make sure that I hadn't heard wrong.

From the moment he walked into this room and stood in front of me, he spoke continuously, which lasted for about 15 minutes. From among all the words that were slipped out of his mouth, all I caught is "Divorce."

For a moment, to clear everything, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. An eerie silence engulfed us. All I could hear was only our breathings. Even in this air conditioned chilled room, I can feel the sweat beads dropping down from my spine.

I can feel the heavy jewellery that's weighing down on me and making me want to sink deep into this fluffy bed. The entire day or days have been very burdening. They drained me completely. Both mentally and physically. Tonight, after being done with all the stupid rituals and hustle and bustle of everyone, I thought to sink myself into a bed and to not wake up for at least a few hours. 

But I know, at any moment I need to encounter this man. Alone. I also have been waiting for this because there are actually so many things that I need to be clear with him. With all the hurry burry wedding and him being abroad and not responding to my calls and messages, I couldn't find even a minute of time to settle things with him. 

But after draining my complete energy from all these days, tonight I wanted nothing but a good sleep. And here comes the great man of my life to completely ruin it.

"Advika." His frustrated voice brought me back from my thoughts and I realised that he actually kept speaking.  

"Huh!?" I looked up at him. I was actually sitting at the edge of the bed and he was standing just a few feet away from me. 

"I want divorce." He said again. 

I just looked at him in confusion. Yeah!! I got that he wanted a divorce but I couldn't catch all the remaining words that he spilled out.  

"I love someone. I was forced into this. All of this happened against my will. I can't continue this…." He kept on talking and my brain felt like it was exploding at any moment.  

"What do you say, Advika?" He asked and I came out of my haze.

"Huh?!"

"What do you say?" He asked again. 

And that's it. Knowingly or unknowingly, my entire body became weak and it just turned into water. I felt like I couldn't withstand this anymore. I need an outlet.  

"Advika, please say something." He said.

I chuckled, "What do you want me to say?"

He sighed, "Something."

I rubbed my forefinger on my nose, trying to control my anger, "Can you at least give me a moment to change? I can't think properly with this heaviness."

He stared at me for a whole minute. I groaned. Can't I even at least get this?? After I stepped into this house, I was dragged to perform some more rituals. I couldn't even understand a few. When I thought that everything was settled now, I was again ushered to get ready for my marvellous wedding night. Right at that moment my heart ran like a train almost choking me to death. But I calmed down and comforted myself by saying that he won't be that insane to do something the very first time we meet.

But he is completely insane in some other way.

"What? I just need to change." I stressed out and he finally nodded.