(003) "what happens at cemetery..."

- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛what happens at cemetery...❜┊˚͙۪۪̥◌
s1: e1 map b**tch

AKILA

THE SOUND OF knocking against the front door pulls me out of my sleep. My bedroom curtains remain half open from the night before causing a beam of light to stream into the room, my eyes squinting as the continuous sound of knocking drags me from my bed.

Throwing my duvet off of my body I pull on a t-shirt from off the floor, opening it up to see it's one of Ant's causing a small smile to grow on my face. Pulling it over my head I walk to the door pausing when I hear voices from the hallway, one of them being very unexpected.

Grabbing the door handle the door flies open and I'm met with both Aris and Ant staring at me. "Morning Ki, nice shirt." He smiles at me as his eyes search up and down my body causing my brother's face to turn into a frown as he looks between the two of us.

"Ant? What are you doing here?" I question him as although I wasn't expecting it to be him knocking on the door, I wasn't complaining either. He doesn't answer my question but rather smiles as he pulls his arm round from behind him a bag of food in his hand.

"Ah, man you brought breakfast." Ajay appears in his bedroom doorway, either the smell of food or the sound of voices having pulled him out of his sleep. He grabs the bag from his hand and walks down the hall and into the kitchen leaving the three of us standing there.

I roll my eyes at my younger brother's actions but I can't help the warm feeling that fills me at Ant being here. Although over the summer he had turned up in the mornings with breakfast for the two of us and Ajay, we hadn't done this since the festival. "I brought enough for everyone."

"Thanks, man." Aris smiles, patting his shoulder as he follows Ajay out into the kitchen leaving the two of us alone.

He doesn't say anything to me rather takes a step closer and wraps his arms around my waist, his mouth moving close to my ear, "You look so good in my shirt Ki." Then he lets go of me and follows after my brothers, clearly noticing the confusing feeling he had left within me due to the clear smirk planted on his face.

What the fuck was that?

Walking into the kitchen I come to a stop as I take in what's happening in front of me. Both my brothers sit at the table, as they empty the food from the bags onto their plates but what catches my attention is Ant leaning against the kitchen counter beside Karsen as she washes some plates in the sink.

My eyes narrow at him, knowing exactly what it is he's trying to do but I can't let him know that he's actually done something right. Instead, I look away from them and move to the table taking an empty seat beside Ajay as I grab a banana from the fruit bowl, two can play at that game I guess.

This time it's his turn for his eyes to narrow onto me, as I peel away the banana and take a bite out of the top of it.

Oops.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━

PARTIES AT THE cemetery had become a norm for me whilst being at Hartley High with everyone's parents being against parties in their own homes, especially now.

With everything going on it seemed like everyone wanted a break from the reality that was the map. All anyone had spoken about since it was uncovered was either of Amerie or the secrets it revealed and the cemetery was the place for that.