27. Kneel Down

A/N: This chapter is explicit.

Chapter 27: Kneel Down

The breeze around them blew gently, rustling through tall grass that lay just before the massive expanse of Mountains. They stared intently at each other, glowing eyes shining in the night, a mass glint of stars reflecting in their orbs. The night itself was calm but two fires burned furiously, silently, but fully ablaze. Unspoken words cast a bridge like shattered glass between them, beautiful and raw but fragile and ready to cut. No other soul was around, even the night critters seemed to know that a storm brewed.

"You have some nerve, you know that?" Sega stood high, long arms crossed as he sneered at Aiden, his head held with a regal air of haughtiness. "I've held my tongue this far, out of respect for a fellow ruler...for an old friend, but that doesn't seem to get the job done." His normal attire gave way to rather simplistic clothes, pants made of breathable fabric and a shirt cut off at the sleeves, his thin but muscular torso clinging to the material. His normally free flowing hair was tied up and back tightly into a bun to stay out of his way.

"Holding your tongue?" Aiden scoffed, his large body tense and angry, "Is that what you call what you do? You don't know the meaning! You parade around here as if you are a messiah and everyone should be graced with your presence. You speak like a tyrant, not like a ruler! As for old friends," Aiden spat, golden eyes blazing with a heat that had been pent up for a very long time, "don't act like you ever saw us as friends!"

Sega's tail whipped out, lashing about angrily like a whip. He bared his canines, brows furrowing with so much anger he looked more beast than man. "You are a stupid fool if you think otherwise. You have no idea, do you? You have no idea what you caused that day! You think Naki was your only victim? You think no one knew you were gone? Rafeo spent years taking the scorn of our entire pack! He was removed from his post, made no more than a grunt for assisting your escape after your crime! He could have faced your punishment and he knew that! He knew that in returning, he too could suffer your punishment for allowing you to go! He was ready to accept death for you Aiden! It took him years to regain his credibility, years to gain a position back that he was rightfully guaranteed from the first place! You want to know the real reason Rafeo is not my competition to be pack leader? It's because of fucking you Aiden!"

Sega shook his head, blue eyes deep with emotion. He came closer to Aiden, blades of grass crushing beneath angry steps. "You paint me as the criminal but your deeds are no better than mine. Your father lost his wife and son all in one night. Though a bastard, he kept you two alive and he raised you two to be stronger than you could ever know. He showed you hatefulness but it was driven by love! Do you know what my father gave me...what he gives me?" Sega scoffed, his laugh almost sadistic. "You know the answer better than anyone else. You knew my every secret, my every fear, my every fucking hope to not become him. My every hope to become an Alpha that had nothing to do with his molding! You were my everything back then, all of my good, and you just fucking left!"

Sega gave a haughty tilt of his head, elegant face stained with a look of disgust. "It's so funny to me that you are attempting to be Naki's knight in shining armor when you are really the monster in his entire story. Your hands are the ones that pushed his entire existence from his life...and you fueled my descent...no my ascent, to who I am today. I always made my father so angry because I could not disconnect myself from my feelings like he did. No matter how he tried to beat it and drill it out of me, I could never rid myself of my attachment to you. My rebellion, seeking to be kinder, to be loving... All it took was one selfish decision to help me break the small strand of fragile hopes I was holding onto." His fine brows quirked, his facial expression quickly shifting to bemusement. "All it took was one more person who abandoned their desperately needed place in my heart before I spiralled into the dark hole that was already dug for me."