Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

"How can you stay so calm about this?" Sookie wailed.

"There's nothing you can do about it now." Dani pointed out, making Rory nod in agreement.

Rory sighed, "I can't believe they got snowed in."

"All that work, all that extra help we hired. Oh well. At least they paid for it already. We didn't lose any money." Lorelai tried to be positive.

"Always a silver lining." Dani said wisely.

"Yeah I guess. You know, I could still make up the dinner for the four of us." Sookie offered, momentarily perking up.

"Yeah, but then it would be like the three of us, all alone in the dining room." Rory said.

"It would be like The Shining, except instead of Jack Nicholson, we have Rune." Lorelai said and Dani grimaced at the thought of the strange man.

Luke walked over, "You girls want anything besides coffee?" He asked.

"Hey, what about Luke?" Sookie asked.

Luke narrowed his eyes in suspicion, "What about him?"

"He eats, and Jess eats. Doesn't Jess eat?" Sookie asked, confusing everyone.

"What's she doing?" Luke frowned.

"I think she's inviting you for dinner." Lorelai shrugged.

Sookie nodded in confirmation. "Yeah, come on, join us. It'll be fun. You like Peacock Pie?"

"I'm a hundred percent sure I don't." Luke shook his head immediately.

"There'll be normal food too." Lorelai added.

"And decorations." Rory said.

"And music." Sookie smiled.

"And me, which is obviously the best part." Dani flicked her hair back.

Lorelai laughed then smiled at the diner owner, "Come on, it'll be fun.

"Well.." he trailed off.

"Hey, you know what? Let's invite everyone." Lorelai suddenly suggested.

Sookie frowned, "Everyone who?"

"Everyone everyone." Lorelai clarified.

"Everyone everyone who?" Sookie asked again.

"Everyone we know, everyone we like." Dani supplied, helping them out before the conversation lasted all day.

Rory nodded, "And they could even stay in the inn. All those empty rooms, all those uneaten pillow mints.

"An out of control, over the top slumber party!" Lorelai clapped her hands excitedly.

"I love it!"

"Me too!"

"Done! Spread the word." Dani ordered Luke.

Luke shook his head, "I haven't said I'd come yet so I'm certainly not gonna suddenly become your messenger boy." Dani death-stared him fiercely, "Eight o'clock?" he asked.

Lorelai smiled, "Seven."

"Right."

***

"Keep it up pal, you'll get hurt." Some random kid taunted Jess while they were fighting. Dani was leaning against a tree, lazily watching and occasionally cheering. She knew that Jess could take care of himself. He would win and that'd be it, if it weren't for Dean. He appeared and tried to interfere.