26

February  25th 1985

I woke up the next morning in an empty bed. I pulled the blanket closer to me and faced the window. I cant believe this happened. He left again. I sighed and laid on my back and the sound of the chair squeeking scared me. That's when I saw him. He sat at my computer desk, eating a plate of eggs.

"You made eggs"? I asked.

"No. Your mom did". He smirked and I panicked.

"Dont worry I snuck out and rang your doorbell". He said and set the plate down.

He got up and walked over to me, hovering over me and gave me a kiss. "Good morning sweets".

I gave him a smile and sat up, I winced in pain as he smirked. "Yeah thats gonna happen".

I wrapped the blanket around me and stood up. "Nice hair". He smiled

"Normally you leave in the middle of the night so I didn't think about fixing my hair". I said and walked into the bathroom.

After washing up I placed a pair of leggings on with a simple sports bra and walked out. John was sitting on my bed now staring at the ceiling

"What's the plan today"? I asked.

"We can go to Allys. Her and Andy called this morning and asked if we wanted breakfast. I told them no but she told me she has mini breakfast sandwiches so we're going". He smiled

"What's with you an little sandwiches"? I questioned and grabbed a shirt out of my closet.

"You can eat more then one and they are tiny". He said and stood up.

My mom appears in the doorway and smiles at John. "I let him in this morning. He wanted to wake you himself". She smiled.

I blushed and looked over at John who was smiling. "Thanks mom". And I seen her take a something from behind her back.

"Happy 18th birthday sweetheart". She smiled handed me the cupcake.

I giggled. "The candle isn't lit". I joked and she patted her jeans for the lighter. John stood up and lit the candle and put the lighter back into his pocket.

"Oh okay". She smiled and turned to me.

"Thank you mom". I said and blew out the candle.

"Well your father and I have some stuff to do today. We have to pack for our Denver trip next weekend". She said and sat on my bed.

"Another trip"? I asked.

"Oh don't start. You know we do this every beginning of the month". She said and then turned to John.

"With the new exception of Johnathan  here. I wanted to go over some rules". She said.

Johnathan? Such an embarrassing conversation. John chuckled and sat up.

"Rule number one. John is not allowed to stay the night or with your door closed. Number two, you still have a curfew, I know being 18 you want to explore but hold off and number three, keep it to just kissing. Your father and I understand the pressures of sex and that so-".

"Bye mom". I cut her off.

She smiled and stood up from the bed, patted John's shoulder and walked out of the room. John turned to me and laughed, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"How about that. I get to kiss you everywhere in this house, except your bedroom, and we can do it with the door open. Let me know if I'm pressuring you". He smirked and gave me a kiss.

"Shut it will you". I giggled and let go of him to grab my bag. When I turned back around he was holding something.

"What's this"? I asked.

He smiled and grabbed my bag from my hand and laid it on my bed. He handed me the small box and opened it.

"Happy Birthday sweets". He whispered.

I looked at the beautiful diamond necklace in my hands. How in the world did he get this? I looked up at him and he was still smiling.

"John you didn't need to get me this". I spoke and he nodded.

"I know but I had some money laying around and wanted to spend it. Anything for my favorite girl". He said and took the necklace out of the box.

He stood behind me, moved my hair and put it on.

"Now. Johnathan wants a tiny breakfast sandwich. Let's go". And with that he dragged me out of my house.